Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a whole new forum a bit ago and we are learning the changes on the fly. Admin continues to tweak and add features, but I figured it is time to post some screen shots to point out some features of the new setup, so here we go...

First off, I am doing this with my iPad. There are a few things that are slightly different than when viewing the forum on a computer. There are also a few screen shots below from my iPhone that shows some unique items for phone viewing only.

Here is our home page. Buttons 1/2/3/4 are what you use for most everything here. Button 1 takes you to “Popular Posts.” Button 2 is used to start a thread. A subsequent screen pops up asking which sub-forum you want to put the new thread in. Button 3 takes you to your profile/settings/alerts/conversations/etc. Button 4 (the 3 dots) takes you to the full forum listing as well as other stuff shown later.

Button 1... from there you can also select “New Posts,” which are posts you have not yet viewed.

When you hit button 2 (pencil icon) to start a thread, this screen pops up for you to select WHERE the new thread goes. You can also start a new thread when in a specific sub-forum like “Suspension.”

Button 3, your avatar in the upper right, gets you to “your stuff.” Option 1 is your profile stuff (see below). Option 2 is your alerts (members quoting you/mentioning you). Option 3 is “Conversations,” which is like our old private messages, only much better!

This is option 2: your alerts:

Clicking option 1 above (your profile), takes you to this screen. #1 is your latest activity to includes “likes,” quotes and posts. #2 is your posts. #3 is a drop down option to find your posts and threads.

This is #1 “Latest Activity.”

#2 “Postings:”

#3 “Find:” (finds your posts/threads)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
When in your Profile, you can click on this “Members” tab:

Which takes you to a Members Page:

A handy set of tools is found in “Account Settings:”

Here is where you enter text and/or a picture for your signature:

When you click on the picture icon within your signature edit window, this pops-up. You can paste a direct link to a picture hosted elsewhere like postimages.com. Make sure to copy/paste the DIRECT link into this field. We currently do not have the ability to upload signature pictures directly to the forum. Also of note, your signature can only be 3 lines of text in length. A member with a longer signature had it before the software swap and was grandfathered in.

When you click the 3-dots icon, you can get to the entire forum listing that shows all sub-forums.

Full forum listing:

A selectable option is “Dark Mode” to change the screen to black:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have a new sub-forum called “Community Help Section.” Post threads there with questions or issues regarding the forum.

Conversations replaced our old private messages system and is much better. Your outgoing message is now saved and you can also “like” messages from the other party.

Hit this button to start a private conversation with another member:

On to pictures in posts... we now have the ability to quickly and easily upload pictures directly to the forum without hosting them offsite. We have options too! Option 1 is to upload full size pics in your thread like I’ve been doing with this thread. Hit the upload picture icon:

Within option 1, you can also link an image to be displayed in your post that is hosted elsewhere like postimages.org by copying the DIRECT link into this window:

Option 2 is to attach multiple pictures at once. You then get taken to a nice new picture viewer when you click on any of the pictures. All of the pictures go at the end of the text using this option:

A discussion about our “Prefixes:” our forum covers the 2007-2014 as well as 2020+ GT500s. When you start a thread in most sections, you will be asked to select one of these options:

All
07-14
2020+

Please give the prefixes a bit of thought. If you are posting about a supercharger upgrade for a 2009 GT500, select “07-14.” Also, if you went to a car show that only had 2007-2014 cars, please select “07-14.” If you are creating a thread about the carbon fiber track pack on the 2020, select “2020+.” If you are creating a thread about how awesome Carroll Shelby was, select “All.”

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A couple of phone specific items... you see different things depending on if you hold your phone vertically (upright) or horizontally (landscape). In the vertical mode, some info is removed due to the small width of the screen:

This is a screenshot after turning my phone horizontally:

You also don’t see signature pictures when a phone is held vertically:

Once phone is tilted horizontal:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel free to share items that you discover with the new software to help fellow members. Also feel free to ask questions on the new software here. As for “when will we get xxxx feature back,” I don’t have an answer for you. Admin continues to work on updates/enhancements, but they are doing these updates across a host of forums.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I learned something new by accident. I was typing out a post, accidentally hit the back button... quickly clicked back forward hoping to see what I had been doing in the quick reply box, but...SHIT! It was now empty!

Out of desperation, I clicked post reply and got an error saying I needed to type a message first.

That's when a funny thing happened. I had started over on typing the post, when a little message popped up saying a new message had been posted, asking if I wanted to read it...I ignored that and continued typing out my post. Finished it and posted it... only to see that the new post above mine, was the post I had thought I lost!

Apparently when I got that error saying I needed to do a message before submitting, it actually had the old message, just didn't display it in the box.

So I edited the half finished post to the complete form, then edited the second one saying double post.

@Goose17 on android if you are in "desktop mode" on Google chrome, you will see signatures when held vertically. You will see the full forum in either orientation.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I edited the half finished post to the complete form, then edited the second one saying double post.

@Goose17 on android if you are in "desktop mode" on Google chrome, you will see signatures when held vertically. You will see the full forum in either orientation.
Another tip:

Highlight part of a post and you’ll see a “Reply” box pop up. Hit the reply box and you will quote only what you highlight.

Also: MULTI-QUOTE! Our old forum had a “multi-quote” button. With the new setup, hit the quote icon. Then scroll back up and hit more quote icons from other posts. Your reply window will populate with all of the quoted posts. Simply type your reply after each quote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts