Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks to me more like the GR1 concept put on the mid-engine GT chassis.
I thought the same thing when I looked at this link earlier this morning. Still cool, though. I'm just happy to see that Ford is still investing in projects like this. The 05-06 Ford GT is an awesome car!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hybrids are not proven to be less environmentally harmful. What do you do with a hybrid battery? How about 10 million vehicles that end up with them? How about 40 million? They are a feel good solution IMO. GM (Gov’t Motors) invested in the Volt and advertises it as an electric car. It isn’t, what BS. It is 40k of car that requires a subsidy that is only possible because of earlier taxpayer help of $7,500 or something to make it attractive.

Plenty of small engine but still respectable (in terms of comfort and commuting performance) cars can get 38 + mph on the highway and 30+ around town. People like to be seen in a hybrid as being smart and socially conscientious. IMO.

Make cars like the Porsche 918 and the GT gas or even diesel engines, investing the R&D etc into making them lighter weight and better handling.

From an engineering perspective I can appreciate the talent and innovation. But from a practical dollar for performance perspective who cares?

I like the way it looks though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is sweet! the nose needs some changing though, just my opinion. Maybe they could apply the ecoboost tecnology to a v8 or v10 in that thing. Something with 800hp and no gas guzzler tax.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The top picture reminds me of a cross between the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 and a Porsche 928... Someone else's old news. I hope it wouldn't look like that...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ford really needs to come out with a legit supercar. Not the SuperSnake, but an all out, limited production supercar that is similar to the Aston Martins, Lamborghini's, or Ferrari's. Ford needs to make their LFA. High horsepower, high traction, exotic materials, and superior handling characteristics. There was once a time when the GT was feared... That time needs to come again before "exotic" is a reference to the number of batteries in your car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
"..needs to come again before "exotic" is a reference to the number of batteries in your car."

I don't see the number of batteries thing as something bad... I'll be quite happy with an 11 second electric toy, as long as it isn't weighed down. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
The back looks like a Shelby Cobra Daytona.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts