Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 2008 Mustang model year Ford has upgraded to H.I.D. along with an upgraded interior light system.The hi/lo beam is controlled by a mechanical shutter.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I also heard there will be a new color: Vapor. Any idea what Vapor looks like?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also heard there will be a new color: Vapor. Any idea what Vapor looks like?

Man you are quick.Yes it is called Vapor Silver,it is between Satin Silver and Tungsten Grey.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
And I heard Tungsten will not be offerred on the 08's, correct?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hello '07,

So, if I read your message correctly, you are saying that all 2008 models will be equipped with the H.I.D. as standard?

I want to say 'thank you' for all your insight on the Shelby.

I've been setup on this forum as a member since July '06. Prior to that, I was reading the threads on this forum back in May '06 (lurking in the background).

By the way, I placed my deposit for a 2008 model on July 11, 2006 (there were no more 2007 new models available in Canada by then - yes, I searched all 27 SVT dealers from coast to coast and finally found 1 in New Brunswick (over 2,000 miles away) with 1 2008 allotment remaining. I sent him my deposit via courier and secured my car. I will not be placing my order with my dealer until July '07 and furthermore won't be getting delivery until sometime in mid 2008, so I know what all the other folks are talking about when they say you need to exude patience while waiting for the Shelby. In the end, my wait for the Shelby will be 2 years or so, but not an issue for me as I've consistently read that the prize is well worth the wait.

Again, thanks for the valued information you have consistently provided all of us.

:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In the 2008 Mustang model year Ford has upgraded to H.I.D. along with an upgraded interior light system.The hi/lo beam is controlled by a mechanical shutter.
Can these be retrofit into 2007 models?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello '07,

So, if I read your message correctly, you are saying that all 2008 models will be equipped with the H.I.D. as standard?

I want to say 'thank you' for all your insight on the Shelby.

I've been setup on this forum as a member since July '06. Prior to that, I was reading the threads on this forum back in May '06 (lurking in the background).

By the way, I placed my deposit for a 2008 model on July 11, 2006 (there were no more 2007 new models available in Canada by then - yes, I searched all 27 SVT dealers from coast to coast and finally found 1 in New Brunswick (over 2,000 miles away) with 1 2008 allotment remaining. I sent him my deposit via courier and secured my car. I will not be placing my order with my dealer until July '07 and furthermore won't be getting delivery until sometime in mid 2008, so I know what all the other folks are talking about when they say you need to exude patience while waiting for the Shelby. In the end, my wait for the Shelby will be 2 years or so, but not an issue for me as I've consistently read that the prize is well worth the wait.

Again, thanks for the valued information you have consistently provided all of us.

:)

Arbour88 I will double check but I do believe it is standard on all models.

Thanks and it is my pleasure.I know you have heard it before but it is worth the wait.I am in Michigan so I am not driving mine till Spring but it is giving me time to work on my Shelby.It will be a different beast this Spring.I am glad I have an understanding wife.Kinda sucks right now we just got a foot of snow and the snowblower is getting all the attention.Maybe I could supercharge that as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
And I heard Tungsten will not be offerred on the 08's, correct?
oh man i hope so, there werent that many made anyway but a 1 year run on that color in the first year of production would be awesome, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
oh man i hope so, there werent that many made anyway but a 1 year run on that color in the first year of production would be awesome, can anyone confirm this?
Well, below is the list of paint options from the 2008 order guide. No Tungsten listed.

Paint Options:
D3 TORCH RED CC
G5 ALLOY METALLIC
G9 VISTA BLUE CC
HP PERFOR WHITE CC
UA BLACK CC
U3 GRABBER ORANGE
ZY VAPOR CC MET

·
Registered
213 Posts
wow thats awesome, thanks prez, now if you could tell me how many convertible tungstens there were I would be set.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
wow thats awesome, thanks prez, now if you could tell me how many convertible tungstens there were I would be set.

Just kidding. I have no idea. :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Definitely fewer than coupes but have no idea as to numbers. 07 would be the one to confirm. 07 if you could get the count on coupes and verts in tungsten for 2007 it would be appreciated?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely fewer than coupes but have no idea as to numbers. 07 would be the one to confirm. 07 if you could get the count on coupes and verts in tungsten for 2007 it would be appreciated?:rolleyes:

I might get a close estimate,let me see what I can do.My son is working in the paint shop now.All these buyouts not enough people to run so they hire him go figure.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I might get a close estimate,let me see what I can do.My son is working in the paint shop now.All these buyouts not enough people to run so they hire him go figure.
They hire him cause no perks or beni's. That's why. Thanks 07 I knew I could count on you.:) By the way if he's getting medical and pension then I am truly confused.:confused: Then again maybe you should PM me. Do not want to force another gag order or ruin a good thing.:) You know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 as usual you have added some spice to the forum. Thanks for the update.:) It was getting a little boring until know.;) As for your son right place, right time, for tungsten that is.:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
07 as usual you have added some spice to the forum. Thanks for the update.:) It was getting a little boring until know.;) As for your son right place, right time, for tungsten that is.:D :D
Yes he is a full time temp, 50 hours a week.Works more than I do.lol.Good money for a young man.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes he is a full time temp, 50 hours a week.Works more than I do.lol.Good money for a young man.
Full time temp @ 50 hours a week. Temp took on a new meaning for Ford that is, but it in any case it is good to be young or the King for working at the Michigan plant seeing such great cars come off the line, has to be a great experience. Good to have people in the right places.;) No comment necessary 07.:) Hope things are still on for Romeo in the spring. Looking forward to meating all, whether our builders are still there or not, will be a great reason for you and I to have a Martini or Bud.:D :D As the Prez has mentioned, stirred not shaken, do not want to bruise the Gin, for those of us who are old school when it comes to such rubbing alcohol of choice.:D :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Like Father, Like Son!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Full time temp @ 50 hours a week. Temp took on a new meaning for Ford that is, but it in any case it is good to be young or the King for working at the Michigan plant seeing such great cars come off the line, has to be a great experience. Good to have people in the right places.;) No comment necessary 07.:) Hope things are still on for Romeo in the spring. Looking forward to meating all, whether our builders are still there or not, will be a great reason for you and I to have a Martini or Bud.:D :D As the Prez has mentioned, stirred not shaken, do not want to bruise the Gin, for those of us who are old school when it comes to such rubbing alcohol of choice.:D :D

Yes were still on.I am looking forward to meeting all and all is welcome to attend.For those of you who are new we are planning a road trip to the Romeo engine plant here in Michigan.Last I recall mid to end of June?This is the plant that hand built our Shelby engines.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
As the Prez has mentioned, stirred not shaken, do not want to bruise the Gin, for those of us who are old school when it comes to such rubbing alcohol of choice.:D :D
Got that right. No bruising allowed. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts