Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Lee went back to the track today and broke both the E.T. and trap speed records. Only change from before was a smaller pulley (2.5") and refined tuning of the engine.

Car went 9.7 on this video, the run before this it bogged and went [email protected]

This car still has more room to improved. Still on factory exhaust manifolds, still on a factory unported blower, still running the factory 20's with R888r's on the rear, and no one has yet cracked the TCU so it's still on factory programming there and launching at 3200rpm.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,686 Posts
Amazing!

I am assuming he is running e85...? Did he have to change injectors and/or pumps?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Modlist is as follows

2.5" griptec pulley
1050 injectors
e85 tune from palm beach dyno
cat delete pipes from lethal performance
drop in air filter replacement
Toyo R888r's on the rear

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,686 Posts
Modlist is as follows

2.5" griptec pulley
1050 injectors
e85 tune from palm beach dyno
cat delete pipes from lethal performance
drop in air filter replacement
Toyo R888r's on the rear
It’s crazy the 2020 is that fast/quick with those few mods. The fuel delivery system in these cars is seriously robust.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,686 Posts
Very impressive but physics alone suggests he needs to change the pumps
Not following Sean... can you explain? I would think that if the car isn’t running lean that the fuel pumps are good to go, no?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Amazing the gains. Mod list is not that long, really.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,686 Posts
I read on FB that this car dynoed at 887/725.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,614 Posts
Ford delivers again. Where did all those haters go? So little mods and road course tires on 20" rims, are you kidding me? We will see these hitting mid 9's on a regular basis before we know it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read on FB that this car dynoed at 887/725.
Lee confirmed it's in the 880 range now and still on an unported blower housing and factory exhaust manifolds and breathing through the factory air intake tube and housing. J

He did tell me that he has some 18" wheels on the way that have been tested to fit over the rear brakes and with that will come stickier tires and more sidewall in preparation for someone finally cracking the code on the TCU and launch control settings.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,686 Posts
Ford delivers again. Where did all those haters go? So little mods and road course tires on 20" rims, are you kidding me? We will see these hitting mid 9's on a regular basis before we know it.
Exactly!

Didn’t someone say: “The haters gunna hate, hate, hate...?” :ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts