Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CTFP
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't like the cheap looking plastic around the car but I also don't like aftermarket body kits. After a combination of seeing that Anderson/Ford actually make direct replacements in carbon fiber along with a drunken night, I bought everything to replace the plastic!

I wonder if these are a little bit lighter than the OEM?

Do you guys suggest clear coating them first?

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
I didn't like the cheap looking plastic around the car but I also don't like aftermarket body kits. After a combination of seeing that Anderson/Ford actually make direct replacements in carbon fiber along with a drunken night, I bought everything to replace the plastic!

View attachment 247797
That will look AMAZING!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue w/ Performance White Stripes
1,238 Posts
I’m not familiar with ‘PPF’, so my apologies if that in some way refers to what I’m about to mention.

After getting several recommendations from others on the site, I had all the exterior CF parts I’ve purchased and then installed on my car wrapped first (think clear coat bra). I’ve no doubt it doesn’t or won’t offer much in the way of protection, but I do believe it will help minimize marks or abrasions to a small degree as opposed to not wrapping them at all.

Just an opinion though.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
I’m not familiar with ‘PPF’, so my apologies if that in some way refers to what I’m about to mention.

After getting several recommendations from others on the site, I had all the exterior CF parts I’ve purchased and then installed on my car wrapped first (think clear coat bra). I’ve no doubt it doesn’t or won’t offer much in the way of protection, but I do believe it will help minimize marks or abrasions to a small degree as opposed to not wrapping them at all.

Just an opinion though.
That's it Paint Protection Film same stuff you did. Depending on the brand you used some have self healing properties and ultraviolet light protection so the Carbon Fiber won't fade.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts

View attachment 247797
Score! That’s all going to look hawt!
My plan is to have my Detailer Polish any CF replacement parts, PPF the part and Ceramic coat them. I figure that should get them some longevity in terms of looks.
Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum. Be sure to click SAVE at the bottom!

Definitely install Sliplo protectors on your new splitter. @Goose17 made a nice video on how to install them.

Thanks for the shoutout Brian! 🍻

·
2021 GT500 CFTP Iconic Silver Black POTS
116 Posts
I wish someone had the ability and time to weigh all these pieces, and the stock ones as well, to compare. I have all the Anderson parts (with exception of doors and fenders).
I'm all about weight reduction, just don't know that all the Anderson parts are indeed lighter. than stock Wishful thinking.
That's gonna look AWSOME Trevvor. Nice Ride!

Stephen

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
I wish someone had the ability and time to weigh all these pieces, and the stock ones as well, to compare. I have all the Anderson parts (with exception of doors and fenders).
I'm all about weight reduction, just don't know that all the Anderson parts are indeed lighter. than stock Wishful thinking.
That's gonna look AWSOME Trevvor. Nice Ride!

Stephen
Here’s some data

Front splitter is a 4lbs reduction
Rear trunk lid 11lbs reduction
Doors 33.8lbs EACH door reduction
Hood 21lbs savings

102.8lbs on those 5 parts

Reactions: Iconic2021
1 - 15 of 15 Posts