Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know if there are any companies that are going to make a set of 18 inch rims that fit out brakes and look good. I know you can get the 20's but I just don't want that weight even though they look good I am happy with 18inch rims. I would love to have the chrome version of the rims on the SS but only in 18. Does anyone know if Shelby is going to do anything for the us. I love the razor's but of course they don't fit with our brakes :(

I don't hate my rims but would love something different and lighter.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
CCW , Steeda , True forged all make 18" wheels that will fit over the Brembo's. I'm waiting for the KR wheel to be sold myself. My second choice is the CCW 505's Your right though , has to be an 18" wheel .

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the KR wheel would be great, as long as they don't cost $ 10,000.00 for a set of them. And hopefully they are lighter than the factory ones. If anyone finds out anything about them please post up those rims would do the trick :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
So does anyone know if there are any companies that are going to make a set of 18 inch rims that fit out brakes and look good. I know you can get the 20's but I just don't want that weight even though they look good I am happy with 18inch rims. I would love to have the chrome version of the rims on the SS but only in 18. Does anyone know if Shelby is going to do anything for the us. I love the razor's but of course they don't fit with our brakes :(

I don't hate my rims but would love something different and lighter.
Busababy, their are just too many owners who are misinformed about the 20 inch rims. The fact is that a lot, and I mean a lot, of the 20 inch rims are several pounds lighter each than the stock rims. Not sure where this myth originiated, but for the most part thats what it is.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Busababy, their are just too many owners who are misinformed about the 20 inch rims. The fact is that a lot, and I mean a lot, of the 20 inch rims are several pounds lighter each than the stock rims. Not sure where this myth originiated, but for the most part thats what it is.

I wouldn't care if there were half the weight. 20" wheels look fugly!! The stock wheels are alright but Ford #*c5ed us on the Wheels on these cars just like the Superduty. I know it's going to cost me 10s of thousands of dollars to get good looking wheels made (can you say narrowerd Rear end)but it's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the 20's are lighter well some of them but the tires I am guessing weight more and I do like the look of 19's on Saleens, and Shelbys, but the 20's just seem to big to me. Hopeing somebody clones the KR rims like American Racing, etc so that way we can all afford them.

I do have a question about rotation weight, if 2 rims and tires weight the exact same weight but one set is 18 inch and the other is 20 inch does it take more power to turn a taller wheel and tire combo ????

·
Registered
483 Posts
I know the 20's are lighter well some of them but the tires I am guessing weight more and I do like the look of 19's on Saleens, and Shelbys, but the 20's just seem to big to me. Hopeing somebody clones the KR rims like American Racing, etc so that way we can all afford them.

I do have a question about rotation weight, if 2 rims and tires weight the exact same weight but one set is 18 inch and the other is 20 inch does it take more power to turn a taller wheel and tire combo ????
Gears come into play....

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I wouldn't care if there were half the weight. 20" wheels look fugly!! The stock wheels are alright but Ford #*c5ed us on the Wheels on these cars just like the Superduty. I know it's going to cost me 10s of thousands of dollars to get good looking wheels made (can you say narrowerd Rear end)but it's going to happen.
And, there isn't a set of 20s on earth that will handle as well as 18s, plus for any given aspect ratio the ride will be more harsh.

bj

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
And, there isn't a set of 20s on earth that will handle as well as 18s, plus for any given aspect ratio the ride will be more harsh.

bj
+1 The 20's I put on mine made the ride harsher than I expected. About to the point where I may sell them.:ack:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now that we got that settled, where are the 18 inch KR rims or even 18 Razors that will clear the rotors.. :stickpoke: Hello Shelby, American Racing, anyone can you hear us?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Hey there,

There are a few 18" wheels that SHOULD fit (ie: they will fit the AP Racing brakes). You can go to www.ZEForged.com and find many designs there - that fit the AP Racing brake kits.

We sell the BOZE Wheels (ZEForged) - so if you see something on their web site that interests you, please give me a call (866-278-8287 x134)

Thanks

Page

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts