Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a CAI and tune. If I use a tuner and reprogram the computer, can the Ford dealer tell if I modified the computer? Is there a ghost left behind? Of course I would load the stock program back in before I went to the Ford dealer for service.

Is there a preferred tuner to use? SCT X3? I don't know where to start.

This is one frik'n animal of a car!:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
My car has a FRPP CAI & tune and my company has a complete Ford IDS system (Integrated Diagnostic Software) that we use to Work on State vehicles. This is the same system that the Ford dealers use.
When I plug my GT in to the computer, I can see that my car has a modified tune as certain characteristics are changed, (ie) no VIN is displayed.
When I program back to stock, I can see no trace of the modified tune, and all IDS displays are normal.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I want to install a CAI and tune. If I use a tuner and reprogram the computer, can the Ford dealer tell if I modified the computer? Is there a ghost left behind? Of course I would load the stock program back in before I went to the Ford dealer for service.

Is there a preferred tuner to use? SCT X3? I don't know where to start.

This is one frik'n animal of a car!:) :) :) :)
There are other options, but Evolution performance should be your first look. www.evoperform.com.

Buy a "Modified Mustangs and Fast Fords" magazine at your local Walmart (yes, Wal-Mart has now changed their name to Walmart) and you'll see a few other options as well.

One recommendation I would make...don't use a CAI system without a tune...and have your A/F ratio checked by a reputable dyno shop after installing any major performance-related parts (like a CAI/tune, etc.).

Dave

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There are other options, but Evolution performance should be your first look. www.evoperform.com.

Buy a "Modified Mustangs and Fast Fords" magazine at your local Walmart (yes, Wal-Mart has now changed their name to Walmart) and you'll see a few other options as well.

One recommendation I would make...don't use a CAI system without a tune...and have your A/F ratio checked by a reputable dyno shop after installing any major performance-related parts (like a CAI/tune, etc.).

Dave
+1

·
Registered
44 Posts
On some systems it has the date of the last change, so if you changed it back to stock would the date you changed it appear?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
For your new car, I would definitly get a tune to start. Or just get a new blower from KB or the likes.

A CAI is not a good idea without a good tune......

Then would be an exhaust.....

Mike

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I used Bamachips.com, they are an exclusive GT500 shelby tuner. Great customer service and price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts