Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought one of the Rousch rear spoilers. Just like it better than the stock spoiler. Went to the local Ford dealer to get new spoiler stripes ordered. Now I don't consider myself to be cheap or stingy, maybe just frugal. Most owners know by now that the spoiler stripes come in four pieces, two on top and two on the bottom. Had to help the parts man find the pieces in his computer (naturally)! $90 freaking dollars :flame: for each side for the top stripes. Didn't even price the bottom ones, just walked out. You're talking about around $300 just to restripe the spoiler. That will buy LCA's to stop the wheel hop or a lots of other performance parts.

Anyone find any other supplier for stripes that are half way reasonably priced? Painting would cost just as much so I'm not going that route either. I've seen complete non-Ford kits on ebay, but it seems there has got to be some source of tape stripes where you can just buy what you need.

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow thats pricey. if u find somewhere cheaper, please post it as i want to swap out the factory ones due to imperfections and nicks. thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check out locally-installed options. Most graphic shops should be able to fix you up for a lot less money. The guy I use charges $450 to do an entire car. $150 or so should cover what you want done, installed by a pro.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Check out locally-installed options. Most graphic shops should be able to fix you up for a lot less money. The guy I use charges $450 to do an entire car. $150 or so should cover what you want done, installed by a pro.
+1

You could get them painted on for less than $300.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought one of the Rousch rear spoilers. Just like it better than the stock spoiler. Went to the local Ford dealer to get new spoiler stripes ordered. Now I don't consider myself to be cheap or stingy, maybe just frugal. Most owners know by now that the spoiler stripes come in four pieces, two on top and two on the bottom. Had to help the parts man find the pieces in his computer (naturally)! $90 freaking dollars :flame: for each side for the top stripes. Didn't even price the bottom ones, just walked out. You're talking about around $300 just to restripe the spoiler. That will buy LCA's to stop the wheel hop or a lots of other performance parts.

Anyone find any other supplier for stripes that are half way reasonably priced? Painting would cost just as much so I'm not going that route either. I've seen complete non-Ford kits on ebay, but it seems there has got to be some source of tape stripes where you can just buy what you need.
See if www.graphic-express.com can help out......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts