Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the pulley swap 5 days ago, by-the-book. The pulley is flush with the shaft, as per EVOs instructions. Yet I keep worrying about this outside edge of the SC belt. Do not see any obvious contact except the out edge of the pulley.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Has that happened since the pulley swap Gman? Is that a new belt?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow,

When I first looked at the picture, it almost looked like you may have put a used pulley back on your supercharger, because the pulley looked like it was marked up.

Now that I look at it closer, I see the marks are actually on your belt. It does look like a little fatigue, but interestingly enought, it is not resting on the front of your pulley. My just be the way the belt is. I will check my belt when I get home today to see if it also looks like that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am not sure since I reaaly did not notice it befoe I swapped pulleys. But my guess would be yes.
I would put a new belt on and watch it closely.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gman, I wouldn't worry about it. I did mine about 2 weeks ago and see the thread showing ever so slightly on mine too (definitely coulda been like that pre swap, but I didn't even think about it). I only looked when I saw your post about this. My belt doesn't come close to anything on the front that I can see, and that first idler with the retaining edge doesn't come close either... I'm watching mine too, but don't think it's an issue. When running, it looks really smooth.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gman, I wouldn't worry about it. I did mine about 2 weeks ago and see the thread showing ever so slightly on mine too (definitely coulda been like that pre swap, but I didn't even think about it). I only looked when I saw your post about this. My belt doesn't come close to anything on the front that I can see, and that first idler with the retaining edge doesn't come close either... I'm watching mine too, but don't think it's an issue. When running, it looks really smooth.
Smooth here to, so I will run the sh_t out of it untill it decides to break. Got a spare just in case. But looks like a non issue. Thanks for the input, I love this forum...man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gman,
I wasn't able to see your opening photo earlier, but saw it for the first time today when I viewed the post. I will say, however, yours has more fraying and such than mine. I just am able to see the belt cord with no fraying.
An idea came to me about this: If the belt is NOT uni-directional (I don't know to be honest), pull it off and swap it to have that frayed edge in the rear and see if the "new" front edge gets frayed. That'll definietely tell you if there is a problem. :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you sure its not contacting the front lip of that idler pulley just below the SC one in the pic. shine a flashlight down there from the driver side. there should be a gap at the front end of the idler..is this on a stock SC?
No, sits back almost 2-3mm

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gman,
I wasn't able to see your opening photo earlier, but saw it for the first time today when I viewed the post. I will say, however, yours has more fraying and such than mine. I just am able to see the belt cord with no fraying.
An idea came to me about this: If the belt is NOT uni-directional (I don't know to be honest), pull it off and swap it to have that frayed edge in the rear and see if the "new" front edge gets frayed. That'll definietely tell you if there is a problem. :thinkerg:
No it's not unidirect. Will it come off without removing any hoses or crap like that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts