Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Shelby GT500 the end of April and it was noted that one rim was damaged in transit. The dealer ordered me a new rim. I went to have it put on today and it was damaged. The ordered replacement rim does not even seem to even be the same quality as the ones on my car, alot messier looking in the finish details and different finish. The ones on our cars come with a specially attached tire pressure sensor cable that is attached to the rim and date and time coded to the car build. The replacement rim comes with a cable in a box that is put on with a hose clamp fastener and is generic for any car. Looks like $%^& compared to the other 3 that will be on the car. My question is can I somehow order a rim with the cable attached as in the factory? How can this be done? It seems that there should be some replacement pieces for these cars from the line and not just some crummy rim and cable from the parts store. Thanks for any help any one can offer.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I received my Shelby GT500 the end of April and it was noted that one rim was damaged in transit. The dealer ordered me a new rim. I went to have it put on today and it was damaged. The ordered replacement rim does not even seem to even be the same quality as the ones on my car, alot messier looking in the finish details and different finish. The ones on our cars come with a specially attached tire pressure sensor cable that is attached to the rim and date and time coded to the car build. The replacement rim comes with a cable in a box that is put on with a hose clamp fastener and is generic for any car. Looks like $%^& compared to the other 3 that will be on the car. My question is can I somehow order a rim with the cable attached as in the factory? How can this be done? It seems that there should be some replacement pieces for these cars from the line and not just some crummy rim and cable from the parts store. Thanks for any help any one can offer.

I will PM you tomorrow and we can take care of this.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
That is a bunch of %#@%. I can't believe that Ford would do that.:(

·
Registered
135 Posts

Sounds more like its your dealer. My car arrived with two damaged wheels, both fronts. My dealer ordered and recieved the right ones with the right air pressure sensors and had them on in a week. So yes it can be done.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you received the wheels with the cables attached to the rims like the ones that came with your car? do you by any chance, have any part numbers that i can pass along to the dealer?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sherri, that is very bizarre that the part would have an inferior finish & inferior pressure sensor hardware...... might be that they ordered you an 'accessory' GT500 wheel (for instance if a 4.6Liter Mustang GT wants to change over install GT500 18" wheels) and possibly there is a DIFFERENT part # for 'direct replacement' Shelby GT500 oem wheel? Hopefully 07 can shed light...

I came across this listing,.. difficult to tell if this is the real deal or not?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9485
(says 'same as production GT500'....but no mention of tire pressure monitoring)

Another link here... look halfway down the parts list for wheels... http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=626&view=findpost&p=6376

At least maybe compare part # to what your dealer received.... sorry if I've muddied the waters.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the info, PDK. No muddy water here. I do think that the dealer just ordered me just a replacement type rim that someone would order when they wanted to upgrade their rims. The parts manager said that was the only rim available and I said that made no sense and I would find out how to get the right one.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I don't think that is an original Ford wheel.They come as a unit,TPSM,band,epoxy and wheel all put together not as seperate parts.The finish is top notch and you should not be able to pick out a replacement from an original.I think AC Cobra is right it is a dealer issue.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to my dealer today with the part number in the above thread. They said and showed me that is the number they ordered. And it is the same number on order again. Hopefully someone on the shipping end messed up and sent the wrong rim to the dealer. The told me they have a supply of the generic sensor cables on hand :) Fingers crossed this time for the right rim. This is the part number they used: 7R32 1007 A

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds more like its your dealer. My car arrived with two damaged wheels, both fronts. My dealer ordered and recieved the right ones with the right air pressure sensors and had them on in a week. So yes it can be done.
Mine were in and on in 2 days. Sent as a unit. Sounds like a parts person issue. Get it right now or forever hold your (pieces) peace (PUN)

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine were in and on in 2 days. Sent as a unit. Sounds like a parts person issue. Get it right now or forever hold your (pieces) peace (PUN)

ILLEGAL
My dealer just called and they said the next rim is the same as the other they received. No band attached, just generic.

He says they have talked to Ford about this and they were told they were ordering correct. I do not know what to do now. How are you guys getting the correct rim? Helppppp

He also said the factory is closed down for 2 weeks for holidays but I thought they were closed last month for this. Now what?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My dealer just called and they said the next rim is the same as the other they received. No band attached, just generic.

He says they have talked to Ford about this and they were told they were ordering correct. I do not know what to do now. How are you guys getting the correct rim? Helppppp

He also said the factory is closed down for 2 weeks for holidays but I thought they were closed last month for this. Now what?

AAI is closed for summer shut down,that is correct.I PM'ed you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts