Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel very comfortable recommending:

Quantum Performance

I contacted them yesterday afternoon and they graciously made time in their schedule to squeeze me in for a dyno session today. But more on that later...

1st thing : their shop is impressive! If you want a Shelby part, they either have it or they have experience with it. It's nice to ask someone about a part and they have 1st hand knowledge.

2nd thing : they are a nice group of guys! They are gear heads like the rest of us! I was given a tour of the facility and a mild sales speech. Hell if I could afford a Super Snake conversion I would have have no qualms trusting my car to these guys.

They appear to be aficionados of the lost art of "customer service"! I could have spent hours there just shooting the breeze. It was like hanging out in a bud's lavishly equipped, well organized garage. Being mindful of their time, I tried not to be too distracting.

Now for the dyno report;
As they were prepping the car on the dyno they took the time to explain every step along the way. Once I mentioned I was utilizing Justing Starkey of VMPtuning their dyno guy, Mike Wilson, calls Justin on the phone and chats about my car and the tune before the the runs were made!!

I inquired of capturing a datalog for Justin and was told, "We can. Or I could just use our data equipment and send the file to Justin for you! Would you like us to record boost to?"

Hellz Yeah!!

While treating the car as if if were a museum piece we proceeded to make some runs on the dyno. Between runs phone call were made to Justin and adjustments were made to the base file.

Final number : 627 rwhp :bananahump-slvrathl
I'd post the graph but I forgot to ask for it. I'll be sure that the next time I get the graph too.

Also, Quantum is now a Kooks custom headers dealer and are expecting a large shipment of long tube headers. I wonder if I can talk them into letting me "try on" a set of those headers.....

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
Wish I was in Texas, but I am next to Justin. I'll be going to see him within the next couple of weeks to start playing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I should have my finances together soon and I can't wait to give them a call to set up mine for an SS conversion, I was gonna go for them before but after your comment now I feel ten times better about leaving my car with them

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the car back from Quantum for the following:

1) Kooks long tube headers and high flow cats
2) 3.73 gears
3) driver door PDR repair

And I could not be more pleased!! I love shops that:
Do it right the 1st time!

If you are anywhere near North Texas, just pay these guys a visit. They will change the way you view performance shops!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts