Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FRPP upper pulley?

I didn't want to hijack any of the other pulley threads, so I'm asking here.

I'm not finding any FRPP 2.6"+/- upper pulleys for my car - I assume one doesn't exist from them?

The dealer SVT tech told me that I should definitely get a pulley as one of the first power mods, but I'm not sure I can have him do the pulley mod if I can't get one from FRPP, due to warranty issues.

He said that after I do the pulley and muffler upgrades, then I could go with the FRPP intake/ProCal tune, because they'd need to know about the pulley to properly calibrate the tune. However, if FRPP doesn't offer a pulley, then I'd also assume their tune won't address a non-stock sized pulley?

I don't doubt the tech's abilities, but he hasn't done a lot of power mods to the GT500's at the dealership - he came from a private Mustang mod shop that used all aftermarket components, tunes, etc, so he may not be completely up on all of FRPP's offerings (or lack thereof) and what may or may not cause warranty issues.

So far, the dealership seems to be good with dealing with upgrades and warranty, but I don't want to get into a situation where Ford might come in and overrule the dealer service dept if a minor warranty repair ever came up.

I am certainly open to aftermarket products, and know that many of them are going to be better than what I'll get from FRPP, but I have a timeline for what I want to do & when. FRPP to start to keep warranty coverage, then eventually upgrade to some of the better quality aftermarket stuff once I'm not concerned with warranty.

So, does FRPP make a smaller upper pulley for the stock blower?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: FRPP upper pulley?

No - FRPP does not offer a smaller pulley. I've also never heard of them changing the standard Procal tune to adjust for a smaller pulley.

VMP makes a good and easy to use stock-look pulley and idler combo. http://store.blackvertmafia.com/VMP_GT500_2_65_pulley_and_90mm_idler_for_GT500_p/vmp265w90.htm

Remember, you'll need a tune that takes into effect the smaller pulley.

Here's a FRPP CAI & tune kit - you can also add the smaller pulley/idler. http://store.blackvertmafia.com/FRPP_CAI_VMP_TUNE_PACKAGE_FOR_2007_2009_GT500_p/gt500pp-frpp.htm

The official "warranty" is only a 12 mo one if the FRPP CAI and FRPP (procal) tune is installed by your dealer. Putting in a tune, CAI and pulley hasn't caused anyone an issue that I've ever seen posted in the years that these cars have been out, so don't make the "warranty" as your only sticking point - IMO.

-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts