Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT500
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put new tires on my 2010 GT500. I live in Florida so I am looking for a summer tire with good traction in dry and wet conditions. I do not track the car just drive around town and probably drive 2,000 miles per year. What would be the right tire?

Thanks Ken

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,936 Posts
Ken, this is almost like asking what oil I should use! LOL! Check the search feature on this forum and there is a plethora of threads and opinions on what summer tire to use. There are a number of them that all are about equal in their abilities. I prefer Michelin tires simply because you're always buying quality.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,899 Posts
With the limited mileage Ken, I would go with the Pilot Sport 4 S. If you wanted a little better wet traction, little less dry traction, the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I'm with Mike, can't really got wrong with Michelin right now. I saw your other thread and I do run Toyo Proxes ST3 on my Jeep with a similar tread pattern and no complaints, but I only bought them because Michelin didn't have anything close at the time.

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,725 Posts
2,000 miles a year, I'd go Sport Cup 2. They'll dry rot before you wear them out.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,732 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DW

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
I’ll second the Cup 2s based on your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts