Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search and nadda come up. I am lowering the car with some springs,
1.2'' and need to adjust the pinion angle.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 6-Speed, good information. I am still looking for a number to end up with after the adjustment, or is it just b/t 0-5 like the other site says. I have a one piece DS and a J&M UCA, so I know there will need to be some adjustment for lowering more than 1''.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Thanks 6-Speed, good information. I am still looking for a number to end up with after the adjustment, or is it just b/t 0-5 like the other site says. I have a one piece DS and a J&M UCA, so I know there will need to be some adjustment for lowering more than 1''.

Oddly, I use +1. Beats me...doesn't make sense to me, but Evolution said to try it to optimize (1 pc DS, FRPP lowering springs). Normally it'd be around -1*. Whatever....+1* works for me.

bj

·
Registered
994 Posts
BJ, is the opposite true, if i lower with FRPP, add in the J&M's, and the one piece DS, will i have to adjust the angle?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Is it true that if you are going to mess with the pinion angle you need a one piece drive shaft?
no..installing a one piece DS does not require pinion angle change unless you are lowering the car.

BJ, is the opposite true, if i lower with FRPP, add in the J&M's, and the one piece DS, will i have to adjust the angle?
yes. normally 0 to -2 angle is where you want to be.

these sources will help

www.wolferacecraft.com/pinionangle.aspx

www.driveshaftshop.com/anglecalibra.php

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I ended up at -1 measured at the pinion.This also stopped the driveshaft from hitting in the tunnel with passengers in the car.Subsailor if you are doing ths let me know-I have 2 angle gauges and I know you are close by.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts