Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im making this post for my dad who at the moment is stumped on his porterfield pads. on the porter field pads, their are 2 pads with clips on them and 2 with out them.

the factory pads, have a clip on each one. this is where we are confused? im tryin to explain this the best i can, its hard without seeing it.

so the question is, does it matter where the pad with the clip goes? or did our pads get messed up? or what? thanks for any replies and input.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well after talking to jerry, and using some common sense weve figure out those clips are the wear bars. we knew there was a simple answer. so now the question is should we put the wear bars to the inside or the outside?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
well after talking to jerry, and using some common sense weve figure out those clips are the wear bars. we knew there was a simple answer. so now the question is should we put the wear bars to the inside or the outside?

Andy I did mine last December so I am a little rusty here.1st your pads should be AP1001 r4-s and AP1082 R4-s.2nd go here post 24.Pix 5 is the rear pad and pix 6 is the front pad.http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511&page=3&highlight=porterfield.If you use the SEARCH button type porterfield you will get about 6 threads on this subject.Now I will be here for a little bit if you have questions.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thank you for your help I got them done.

Great,glad you got it.These are great pads you will really like them.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts