Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone New to the site and have lots of questions.

I just got my 2009 SHELBY GT500 yesturday and over paid the dealear:) and they cut me a nice check and I want to put mods in it before I spend the money:rofl:

I want to make sure these are the right part numbers:

Ford Racing Ring and Pinion Sets 3.73 M-4209-F373N
Ford Racing Ring and Pinion Install Kit M-4210-B1

I just unmarried my XCAL3 from my 04 cobra can I use that XCAL3 on my New 2009 SHELBY GT500 or do I have to get a different one?

What CAI is everyone going with?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hello Everyone New to the site and have lots of questions.

I just unmarried my XCAL3 from my 04 cobra can I use that XCAL3 on my New 2009 SHELBY GT500 or do I have to get a different one?

What CAI is everyone going with?
wickedstangs,
According to the downloadable X3 manual, you can use it (will need a new tune for the new car);
"SF3 Power Flash VIN locks to a single vehicle. You cannot use the device to tune a new or different vehicle until you have returned the original vehicle back to stock, which will unlock the device. You can only change vehicles 5 times before the unit is permanently locked."

http://www.sctflash.com/X3.php
Open the manual and look on page 3 right side 2nd paragraph below the vehicle list.

As for the CAI I went with JLT and Evolution tune (Ford Racing 5GT Stinger mufflers) and noticed a marked improvement in performance.

Good Luck & Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts