Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 GT500 convertible my RTR Panhard bar is hitting the RTR Pandhard support.

My suspension upgrades are
- Ford Racing M-5300-L Lowering springs
-Whiteline Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
-Scott Drake Differential Cover
-Ford Racing 3.73
-Axle Tubes Welded and painted
-BMR Panhard Bar Relocation Bracket
-RTR Tactical Adjustable Panhard Bar
-RTR Tactical Panhard Bar Support

I did remove the Panhard bar relocation bracket re-installed the Panhard bar in the OEM location. The Panhard bar was actually under the Scott Drake diff cover and would hit the differential cover. Here are some pictures of the rear end so you can see where the Panhard bar is hitting the support bar to the point that it actually loosened the jam nut on the Panhard bar. The pictures are with the suspension loaded, the rear end is on axle stands. The bar hits at all bumps or even dips in the road any help you can offer will be great and much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,615 Posts
That’s a beefy brace, at least in the pics it looks that way. I would swap it out for the bmr, it will give you the clearance you need I’m willing to bet.

I never had any clearance issues using the bmr stuff.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,732 Posts
Since you are dealing with aftermarket parts, did you call the vendor?

Another option is to ditch the panhard bar and replace with a watts link.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I did check and the BMR and RTR are the same size. I did contact American Muscle tech support where I purchased all the parts, which was a complete waste of my time! I was just wondering if anyone else has ever run into this problem? I also emailed BMR Suspensions as it's their relocation bracket causing my issue. I'm wondering if I modified the end of the panhard bar support to a C if that would give more clearance?

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I have an 08 convertible and swapped out to the BMR adjustable Panhard and no issue with rubbing.
As said above, the Panhard brace looks quite big?? Maybe the picture?

Colin

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Thanks, I did check and the BMR and RTR are the same size. I did contact American Muscle tech support where I purchased all the parts, which was a complete waste of my time! I was just wondering if anyone else has ever run into this problem? I also emailed BMR Suspensions as it's their relocation bracket causing my issue. I'm wondering if I modified the end of the panhard bar support to a C if that would give more clearance?
I see,
You added the Panhard relocation bracket for clearance of the rear dif cover.
Maybe someone who has that setup will chime in.

Colin

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
You could clearance that one portion of the brace to get it all to fit. In the end this just may be what happens when you stack this many different parts from this many different vendors. I'd either clearance the brace, ditch it entirely, or go to a watts link setup.

·
Premium Member
7,179 Posts
I'm sure the powder coat is already damaged on the brace, so I would get a grinder and clearance the brace where it's making contact. The later model finned differential cover fit with the BMR adjustable bar on my car. Do you have adjustable lower control arms?

·
Registered
62 Posts
This isn't such an uncommon thing to have happen when you're adding thicker parts or adding different vendor parts, as Monkey points out. The vehicle manufacturing dies wear down with prolonged part stamping and it's usual to have a bit of a difference show up now and then. I've had rear suspension parts hang up on each other while buried deep in a corner late at night and it freaked me out feeling parts grab and then release; really unsettling. Trimming some metal off the bracket and notching the bar just a tad isn't a bad thing. There isn't any strength lost by trimming the bracket edge. Just trim, and don't forget to dab on some primer where the metal surfaces have scrubbed each other. Nico

P.S. How did yu figure out this was happening?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts