Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, The top on my vert does not look like it goes down far enough...it is level with the tops of the headrests in the back and you can clearly see the gap between the two folds....any vert owners on here that can talk about this or know of any pics to point to without the boot / cover on?

Second question, I just looked in my trunk and there is no spare in there...this may be a dumb question but since I dont have an owners manual, I couldn't read up on it....

Appreciate any help anyone could offer!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Howdy

Can't help you with the top but there is no spare tire...only a can of fix a flat

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Howdy

Can't help you with the top but there is no spare tire...only a can of fix a flat

It's not really a can of fix a flat.It is a dc compressor/fix a flat inflator.I can post a picture if you would like.Why don't you have an owners manual?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey guys, The top on my vert does not look like it goes down far enough...it is level with the tops of the headrests in the back and you can clearly see the gap between the two folds....any vert owners on here that can talk about this or know of any pics to point to without the boot / cover on?

Second question, I just looked in my trunk and there is no spare in there...this may be a dumb question but since I dont have an owners manual, I couldn't read up on it....

Appreciate any help anyone could offer!

Here is a picture of your spare tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you use the "spare" you better figure on buying a new tire and air sensor because the sealant ruins both. I tried to use it the other day on a lawn mower tire and it didn't work. The compressor would not fill up the tire after putting in the sealant. I sure am glad I bought a new wheel and tire for a spare. LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not really a can of fix a flat.It is a dc compressor/fix a flat inflator.I can post a picture if you would like.Why don't you have an owners manual?
thanks for the feedback guys....dealer did not get it to me so owners manual is on the way.

Any ideas on the convertible top? Not many vert owners here I am guessing

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys....dealer did not get it to me so owners manual is on the way.

Any ideas on the convertible top? Not many vert owners here I am guessing
Can you post a picture?
If you don't get any feedback I will check on it Monday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 07...here's a couple pics:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
If you use the "spare" you better figure on buying a new tire and air sensor because the sealant ruins both. I tried to use it the other day on a lawn mower tire and it didn't work. The compressor would not fill up the tire after putting in the sealant. I sure am glad I bought a new wheel and tire for a spare. LOL
How about jack and tire iron? Did you manage to get all in the wheel well? What about road side assistance? I did not even look to see if our Shelby's come with a jack or tire iron.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is no jack or tire iron. I got everything myself and have it in the trunk. the tire sticks up about an inch but the cover still goes over it. I can live with it for the convenience and peace of mind of a spare. My wifes Accord Hybrid had the same thing and we had a flat and were lucky the tire even held air because it was ruined. I got a spare tire for it too. It at least had a jack and wrench. There is no way that compressor will fill those tires if they are flat. It doesn't have the power.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked mine and you are ok. Actually the top is alittle taller than the rear headrest.
Thanks Sandyman! It does look to me like it should go down further, but if all are that way then I guess it's by design. Appreciate you taking the time to check for me!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here are 2 pics of my 'vert. You can see my top ends up in the same spot as yours in one of them. The other pic shows the top with the boot in place. I believe the final top position helps to keep the boot looking "solid".

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Orf.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts