Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my driver side fog light has gone out and I have just discovered it this morning on the way to work. Not sure if it is just the bulb, loose connection etc.

If I need a new replacement unit, of course I can go for, but has anyone changed up the fron tot get any sort of added cool factor with halos or is there aplace you buy replacement lights that will look OEM and not ruin the budget?

Thanks

Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
I replaced mine with LED's from Diode Dynamics and have been happy with them. They match the HID headlights better than the OEM incandescent bulbs.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced mine with LED's from Diode Dynamics and have been happy with them. They match the HID headlights better than the OEM incandescent bulbs.
there seem to be a few options. Which ones did you end up with?

Registered
there seem to be a few options. Which ones did you end up with?
I will look at the paperwork tonight to see what brightness I went with. I do remember thinking I don't want them to be too bright so I don't have people flashing their brights at me all the time. Just looked. Believe I went with the 780 lumens since it says says street legal output. Cool white, 6000K.

Registered
The Morimoto have a OEM like projector line, which you can adjust, that will keep the beams out of oncoming drivers eyes. That's the primary reason I went with these. That and they're smoked.

Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
I added LED fogs to my car in 5/2013, and posted a picture comparison to the stock colors back then. However, I just looked at VLEDS website, and the model of lights I bought has been replaced by a newer lamp. Based on the comparison I did, if you have HIDs make sure you buy LEDs in the 5k color. They will match the color of the HIDs. I'm still running the same LED fogs, and I typically have them on whenever I am driving to increase my visibility to other cars.

Here's the link to their website and the fogs available for my 2010 w/HIDs. You can hit the red reset button at the top of the page to select your year car and whether you have HID headlights or not.

Premium Member
The Morimoto have a OEM like projector line, which you can adjust, that will keep the beams out of oncoming drivers eyes. That's the primary reason I went with these. That and they're smoked.
This is a good feature that mine don't have. Here's a pic of HIDs with the VLED in the left fog and OEM fog in the right side.
20130508_205531.jpg

Registered
No matter which ones you go with I will say this being a fellow '14 owner. I changed my turn signal bulbs to LED at the same time trying to do both without removing the front half of the inner wheel well on the passenger side. When I did the drivers side I removed it and that made it MUCH easier. You can actually see what you're doing.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the help gents. Looks like NAPA has a set of bulbs that should work. $52 for the set might as well give it a day in court.

I noticed my driver side wasn't working this morning so I know I need to do something, I am hoping just a new bulb. wasn't sure if I should just get two of the same and change both at the same time or just try to get an oem one and fix it. Hence the query.

Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
Matching the HID headlights was possible, but I decided to try a different look with my fogs. Got some yellow LED鈥檚 that plug into the factory housings. Plug-n-play & cheap from Amazon.
Before:
ADE18DEC-B667-4D86-80F8-03A64A787392.jpeg

After:
B98CBFDF-71C1-44CA-891D-E505F4C78EE5.jpeg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmm, that isn鈥檛 bad. Did you simply want a different look?

i called several ford dealers around here and you would have thought those idiots had never heard of Shelby.

i called Diode Dynamics and think I will sort things with them. Probably more than I wanted to pay, buuuut I like folks who listen to you, ask you intelligent questions and understand good customer service.

@TedShred, I know you probably do most of your work yourself, but do you know of or have any good connections at a Ford dealer? Wife鈥檚 lease is up in April and we could use some decent folks to work with as my old Ray Skillman guys are gone.

Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
Ray Skillman has been good to me, but I don鈥檛 have an 鈥渋n鈥 or connections.
A friend of mine is a big Ford guy (has a 64 Thunderbolt, 07 GT500, 05 GT), he speaks highly of Capital City Ford on east Washington St.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
Ray Skillman has been good to me, but I don鈥檛 have an 鈥渋n鈥 or connections.
A friend of mine is a big Ford guy (has a 64 Thunderbolt, 07 GT500, 05 GT), he speaks highly of Capital City Ford on east Washington St.
cool thanks. John T and Dakota left their performance side and they did me a solid on the Shelby and my Wife鈥檚 Escape. Will check out Capital City.

Registered
cool thanks. John T and Dakota left their performance side and they did me a solid on the Shelby and my Wife鈥檚 Escape. Will check out Capital City.
Let me know if you're over this way. I'm 5 minutes from there. I've been told Mark G. (Gartwald?) is their best sales guy. I have a pretty good relationship with the service manager and that was his suggestion.

Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
Hmmmm, that isn鈥檛 bad. Did you simply want a different look?
I went with the yellow fogs because I thought the contrast would look cool. I think it鈥檚 got a euro look to it & still like it.

Premium Member
Those of you putting in LED turn signal lights, I bet they may generate a quick flash if added resistance isn鈥檛 included with the lamps. If so, I bet you can have your dealership disable the quick flash. I did that on my F350 after I installed rear LED turn signal lamps.

Registered
Those of you putting in LED turn signal lights, I bet they may generate a quick flash if added resistance isn鈥檛 included with the lamps. If so, I bet you can have your dealership disable the quick flash. I did that on my F350 after I installed rear LED turn signal lamps.
I bought the resister kit when I purchased mine Mike. Just in case. I didn鈥檛 need em. They鈥檙e still in the sealed bag they came in. The LED鈥檚 look and work great(knocking on wood). You can see for yourself in May.

Registered
Damn Mike @KodiakMustang . Just read in the other thread you won鈥檛 be able to make Shelbyfest this year. Sucks. Enjoyed walking the show with ya last year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts