Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know were i can get one for close to msrp? I dont want to spend 60,000+++ when the car msrp is 43,000.. How can you order one from a dealer if they dont know how many they are getting? congrats to all you guys who have one already.. I'm very jealous...

sam:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Does anyone know were i can get one for close to msrp? I dont want to spend 60,000+++ when the car msrp is 43,000.. How can you order one from a dealer if they dont know how many they are getting? congrats to all you guys who have one already.. I'm very jealous...

sam:)

They know how many they are getting.They are just trying to squeeze every penney they can.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They are relentless bastards in persuit of money... and with a car this nice to sell, I almost can't begrudge them.

Almost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Harley Davidson dealers have been charging ADM's for more than 11 years.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have heard allot of people getting the car for 5K over which I guess is fair...well 2nd thought it is not fair if something should sell for msrp than it should sell for msrp, however Ford Motor Company does not control the dealers as much as I wish they could.. all part of the supply and demand, look at the Sony PS2's or PS3's when they came out. I had a friend that stood in line at Circuity City for like 6 hours or something crazy just to get one, than got home and sold it on ebay for double what he paid. The guy that bought it said he didn't care because he wanted it and the money did not mean anything to him..umh I never had that issue with money :( poor parents I guess.

Anyhow back to the subject at hand I would get on the internet search for ford dealers within 150 to 200 mile radius, take a day off from work (don't try this on a Saturday) and just start making the calls, if one of them bite...don't walk but run to your car and drive right there with some type of deposit and sign some papers...you might have to wait 6 months or 1 year. ( My dealer had my deposit for 18months before I had my car) and than one day you will have it. Until lthan you spend every night on message boards, talking, reading magazines about the car, and even purchase some things for it before you have just to help time pass. Does this sound like any other board members out there that did this :) Anyhow the hunt is almost as good as the kill :)

Good Luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If I can spec one out, for $5k over, I'm happy, no BS, no extra crap, just me, ~$49k into the Shelby, and ~$4k in taxes.

(I'd be happier with it at $43k)

J :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts