Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video for you guys to watch. Tires took about 3 laps to warm up then they started to feel better but need stickier ones for best performance. The car handle great, a ton of power not able to use through the corners but if you had different tires it would make a big difference. I left the traction control on and drove the track had no problem with it, then turned it off and checked it to see the difference and got a little loose in corners. Again I think if I had a set of racing tires then you could utilize the power that the car has specialy through the corners. The straight aways, there wasn't a car that could compete it just flew. Top speeds of 135 mph. Ran out of track for more speed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jNGgoUrTIXY

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry thought the video went through will try again.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sorry thought the video went through will try again.
Nice vid. Looks like you had some fun. Did you switch the TCS off during the video?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Excellent video,thanks for sharing.I shared this with a bunch of guys at work,everyone enjoyed.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very cool vid! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very , very nice.....thanks for putting it on.....looks like you had a blast

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting. Looks like you were the class of the field.:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Excellent video. I got one coming - same color as yours - and this only makes the waiting even harder. Must have been a lot of fun.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone I had a blast. I left the TCS on the first time I went through the course and then turned it off second time. I found out that it worked better on because of the conditions one being that the stock tires weren't the best tires for the job in the corners and plus the amount of horsepower that the car has:D . As you can see in the video there wasn't much competition that could touch the car in the straight aways. I had the car up to 135 :eek: and it drove like a dream. I turned the Koni shocks up to the firmest position so that I would ride like a rail through the turns and it performed great.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting. Looks like you were the class of the field.:D
K

Thanks for the ride. Could not make it but that was the next best thing.

Was that wining as you went back into the garage area power steering pump?

Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
153 Posts
As I watched this I just smiled.....
It was Awsome as you blew by the other cars.

Great Video !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Just think how fast it would have been if it were Red.I have watched that video a # of X's.Could you bring me a copy when you come?Sure is nice.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes ILLEGAL that was the winning of the power steering. 07 SHELBY I will bring you a copy but it will be in the fastest version which is BLACK & WHITE:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice video. Was this from the Nashville Mustang event or was it an open track day?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was at the Track event.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Very nice video... I like the part of passing the Porsche, here at work one of the Engineers just purchased a 2007 Porsche Cayman and 2 days later started talking smack to his group he works with how great his car is and he could but it on my Shelby. So once I get some miles on the new gears we are going the local drag strip which is about 50 minutes away and have it out. Was going to wait for the pulley change but without slicks it will be hard enough to keep it from spinning so will do it with the mods I have. The bottom line is he spent 60K for his and I spent 45K so the way I see it I still won :)

When the day comes I will make sure I have someone video and post it up :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Absolutely:) Win you have - and will!:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts