Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a check engine light on my modified 07 GT 500

I cleared the first time the check engine light came on through the N gauge

couple days later the check engine light came back on and then went off after about a half hour by itself.

So I know I don’t have a major issue that’s what I would call a soft code.

since I’ve cleared the codes in the end gauge, and they’ve come back and then the check engine light went off, will the N-Gage still be able to read the codes?

d

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,616 Posts

couple days later the check engine light came back on and then went off after about a half hour by itself.

since I’ve cleared the codes in the end gauge, and they’ve come back and then the check engine light went off, will the N-Gage still be able to read the codes?

d
Can't help you with your question, but glad to see you back!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
611 Posts

d
Yes, I believe it should. If youre throwing codes, the NGauge should show them all. Ive cleared my codes and then was able to read whatever the current codes were.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
904 Posts

d

I'll be curious what the code ends up being, but it certainly sounds like the one I use to get on my GT that were O2 sensor related. I'd be driving around with no issues and suddenly look down and see the check engine light. Then 30 minutes later, it'd be gone. It did this for quite some time, even after I looked up the code and changed out my sensors. From what I remember, mine ultimately ended up being related to the tune

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I believe it should. If youre throwing codes, the NGauge should show them all. Ive cleared my codes and then was able to read whatever the current codes were.
Thank you
Thats what i thought too but wasn’t sure

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be curious what the code ends up being, but it certainly sounds like the one I use to get on my GT that were O2 sensor related. I'd be driving around with no issues and suddenly look down and see the check engine light. Then 30 minutes later, it'd be gone. It did this for quite some time, even after I looked up the code and changed out my sensors. From what I remember, mine ultimately ended up being related to the tune
Well I’ve had the car with the modifications for about a year and a half in the tunes from Vmp Tuning, no it could be there too and I seriously doubt it. My best guess is a sensor that’s going bad that went out of range

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,616 Posts
Hey mike

so how was shelbyfest and that beautiful GT350 😀
Shelbyfest was a breath of fresh air for us all. It was so good to see all my old friends and meet some new ones. You would have really enjoyed yourself and everything went pretty smoothly, other than Greg's unfortunate accident on his way home. The drive to Hermann for lunch went well and no one ended up in jail! The weather held for the time we were there and the new hotel was accommodating, albeit, also suffering from not having enough staff to handle the number of people. We see that everywhere we go. People need to get off their complacent asses and get back to work. The weekend went pretty smoothly and we all had an opportunity to just relax, laugh at each other, and enjoy each other's company. You, Catmonkey, Sue,, Ray, Kodiak Michael and some others were definitely missed and spoken about in hushed tones! LOL! Sharon even had a good time!
The GT350 ran perfectly all the way there and back. It did storm, heavily, on many of us on our way there and also our return trip to our homes, but we all got back none the worse for wear and tear. Kyle managed to pull it off quite well given all the roadblocks he experienced with the china virus and the change of the hotels. I think everyone was happy to have come, and surely the ones who weren't able to come will make every effort to come next year!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Shelbyfest was a breath of fresh air for us all. It was so good to see all my old friends and meet some new ones. You would have really enjoyed yourself and everything went pretty smoothly, other than Greg's unfortunate accident on his way home. The drive to Hermann for lunch went well and no one ended up in jail! The weather held for the time we were there and the new hotel was accommodating, albeit, also suffering from not having enough staff to handle the number of people. We see that everywhere we go. People need to get off their complacent asses and get back to work. The weekend went pretty smoothly and we all had an opportunity to just relax, laugh at each other, and enjoy each other's company. You, Catmonkey, Sue,, Ray, Kodiak Michael and some others were definitely missed and spoken about in hushed tones! LOL! Sharon even had a good time!

The GT350 ran perfectly all the way there and back. It did storm, heavily, on many of us on our way there and also our return trip to our homes, but we all got back none the worse for wear and tear. Kyle managed to pull it off quite well given all the roadblocks he experienced with the china virus and the change of the hotels. I think everyone was happy to have come, and surely the ones who weren't able to come will make every effort to come next year!
mike
sounds like you and the wife had a great trip with no complications!

I’m sorry about Greg. I’m trying to think which one he is, what is his GT 500 ID?

next year I definitely plan to go but I’m on the fence whether I drive it or tow it. Part of the total decision is if I can get a trailer To rent or borrow. Two years ago had one available but I don’t know if that source will be still available next year.

It does sound like Kyle did a great job putting everything together.

The hired help at the hotel that does make total sense. Everybody’s trying to hang on to what they got including businesses and keep overhead down. Glad you made it back safe.

Let me know what your schedule is for this coming Dec-Jan when your back in St. Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts