Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on a website describing MyColor dash lighting.

"The GT500 also includes Ford's MyColor dash lighting feature, which allows the driver to chose the color that he or she wants their dash to appear. The system consists of three light-emitting diodes – green, blue and red – projected through "light pipe" fittings located on the sides of the speedometer and tachometer. At the driver's command, these pipes mix various combinations of the three primary colors to create more than 125 unique background color options for the gauges."

If this available on all GT500's or just specific packages? Just curious.
Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
933 Posts
BearCat97,

I believe that 07 SHELBY said this was an option starting with the 2008 model.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is standard on all Shelby GT500s. 2007s as well as 2008s

·
Registered
933 Posts
BearCat97,

There you have it.

Wirelessscottie drives a 2007, so he would know for sure and from his comment it is standard on 2007 and 2008 models.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Have it on my 07. RED/WHITE and BLUE is what I have up....:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 was referring to interior lighting changes for 2008. The 2007 has the availability to change the color combination on the instrumentation. l believe the interior upgrade for 2007 referred the the leather dash, arm rests and center console, along with metal pedal covers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have it on my 07. RED/WHITE and BLUE is what I have up....:)
Bogey...we're going to have a hard time telling our cars apart if we ever park next to one another.....:D :D :D .....now the inside is similar....Red ....White ...Blue....is what I have up also :) :) :)

and both of them are the FASTEST....:p :p :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have it on my 07 as well, however I haven't "created" the color I'm going to stick with yet. I find myself messing with it when the cars just parked in the garage.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 was referring to interior lighting changes for 2008. The 2007 has the availability to change the color combination on the instrumentation. l believe the interior upgrade for 2007 referred the the leather dash, arm rests and center console, along with metal pedal covers.

Shelbysvt is correct.Ambiance lighting refers to the interior lighting led's and HID's which is an option in 2008.
MY COLOR started in the 2005 Mustangs as an option package for the V6 base and the Mustang GT's.It is standard equipment in all Shelbys for 2007,2008 and 2009's.The package in the base and GT is an upgrade from 4 gage cluster to 6 gage cluster,aluminum dash and a couple of other things I can't rember right now.Hope this clarifies things:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Bogey...we're going to have a hard time telling our cars apart if we ever park next to one another.....:D :D :D .....now the inside is similar....Red ....White ...Blue....is what I have up also :) :) :)

and both of them are the FASTEST....:p :p :p

You've got that right. "YOU COPYCAT" ;) ;) ;) . Are you ridind to ROMEO in June? If so we'll have to be careful........:D :D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
You've got that right. "YOU COPYCAT" ;) ;) ;) . Are you ridind to ROMEO in June? If so we'll have to be careful........:D :D :D
No...I'd love to go but......that's a little too far from NorCal....:( :( I think it's really a great idea and hope ya'll have a good time. Do you think there may be a speed contest or two with the gathered masses ???...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
No...I'd love to go but......that's a little too far from NorCal....:( :( I think it's really a great idea and hope ya'll have a good time. Do you think there may be a speed contest or two with the gathered masses ???...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No speed tests will be necessary.;) ;) You and I both know who has the fastest "STOCK" Shelby GT 500!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
No speed tests will be necessary.;) ;) You and I both know who has the fastest "STOCK" Shelby GT 500!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
Yep....and mine just caught up with yours.....my Cobra Valve Stem Caps just showed up....:D :D :D .....kinda like painting her toenails....:eek:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Yep....and mine just caught up with yours.....my Cobra Valve Stem Caps just showed up....:D :D :D .....kinda like painting her toenails....:eek:

Hard to believe Baby could get Prettier, but she is!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)

Sorry you can't make ROMEO, it's gonna be a HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts