Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at our corporate sales kick-off in Vegas this week I had one open day to kick around, so a few of us "car guys" went over to the Shelby factory. Along with myself there was a Porsche 911 owner, a new ZR-1 owner, another Shelby / muscle car owner - like me and a BMW M4 owner. Suffice to say we were all impressed with the cars, the people, the amazing history and the shop. I saw Gary Patterson walking around in the sales office - so being a sales guy for 30 yrs and a husband for nearly 40 years - my fear of rejection is non-existent, so I introduced myself as a Shelby owner and that I was here with a few car guys and he gave us a 30 minute tour and told us some great Carroll Shelby stories, I thank him for that. It was a lot of fun - here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,242 Posts
Fantastic!

That’s cool that Gary gave you a tour... thanks for sharing Dave! (y)

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
While at our corporate sales kick-off in Vegas this week I had one open day to kick around, so a few of us "car guys" went over to the Shelby factory. Along with myself there was a Porsche 911 owner, a new ZR-1 owner, another Shelby / muscle car owner - like me and a BMW M4 owner. Suffice to say we were all impressed with the cars, the people, the amazing history and the shop. I saw Gary Patterson walking around in the sales office - so being a sales guy for 30 yrs and a husband for nearly 40 years - my fear of rejection is non-existent, so I introduced myself as a Shelby owner and that I was here with a few car guys and he gave us a 30 minute tour and told us some great Carroll Shelby stories, I thank him for that. It was a lot of fun - here are some pics.
LOL! That cracked me up, Dave! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing. Awesome experience!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
702 Posts
Yeah, I really enjoyed my day there too, no wife, she was shopping or something-who cared at the moment, unfortunately I didn't get a tour like yours-sounded great, luv the pics.

Reactions: dcastine

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,639 Posts
Man! Those blue Cobras are the bomb! Absolutely love that traditional color.

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
I go every year that we're in Vegas ... usually, there is an older gentleman (not Patterson) who knew Carroll personally, that gives tours a couple of times each day and has some great stories to tell .... definitely worth stopping by for, and just a reminder .... IT'S FREEEEEEE !!!!! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was there 7 years ago its such a cool place , so much eye candy, a very memorable experience ,hope you signed the shop wall .
I did Mark - but man there's not much room left!! WOW!!

Reactions: fletchffletch
1 - 11 of 11 Posts