Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2007 GT500 and have been having a blast taking it to shows. I have made several modest modifications from stock, in order to make it my own.

Here are some pics I took right after my purchase (when it was completely stock):

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I was saying, I have made several slight modifications. Got my personalized license plate and a nice License Plate holder:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Very nice, great looking car!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Great looking car.
If you think it's hot now, wait until you make a few performance mods.

Another member had a very appropriate description of the GT500s in his sig; I borrowed it!

"The GT500 is about as stable and behaved as a crack-smoking monkey. Driving it provokes alternating fits of abject terror and uncontrolled giggling, and it takes a sure hand to control. The GT500 is irresponsible and outrageous, and seems intended for people with social disorders."

For me that pretty much says it all! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My ultimate goal is to own a 725 HP Super Snake with a Kenne Bell Supercharger. Until that day comes, I have contented myself to accesorize the car with a few Super Snake components to hold me over until I have more $

Purchased these authentic Super Snake headrests and armrest:

I also just received my 20" Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires today, which is standard on the Shelby SuperSnake package. I opted to go with the C. Shelby chrome plated 66's, as opposed to the Alcoa's. Yes, I like the Alcoa's a lot, but IMO, the 66's are a bit more like the old school wheels from the 60's. I think I made the right choice, especially since I can place the "Knock Off" spinner center cap for added effect. Here are a few pics of my Pirelli's and the CS66's:

If interested, you can view a whole lot more pictures of my wheels in the my CS66 thread that I had previously created:

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3893

·
Registered
994 Posts
Great looking car.

Another member had a very appropriate description of the GT500s in his sig; I borrowed it!

"The GT500 is about as stable and behaved as a crack-smoking monkey. Driving it provokes alternating fits of abject terror and uncontrolled giggling, and it takes a sure hand to control. The GT500 is irresponsible and outrageous, and seems intended for people with social disorders."

Enjoy!
Lisa agrees! lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
My ultimate goal is to own a 725 HP Super Snake with a Kenne Bell Supercharger. Until that day comes, I have contented myself to accesorize the car with a few Super Snake components to hold me over until I have more $

Purchased these authentic Super Snake headrests and armrest:

I also just received my 20" Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires today, which is standard on the Shelby SuperSnake package. I opted to go with the C. Shelby chrome plated 66's, as opposed to the Alcoa's. Yes, I like the Alcoa's a lot, but IMO, the 66's are a bit more like the old school wheels from the 60's. I think I made the right choice, especially since I can place the "Knock Off" spinner center cap for added effect. Here are a few pics of my Pirelli's and the CS66's:

Beautiful car! Tanner Faust, on Supercars Exposed, had a wonderful line about an orange Lambo, i wll paraphrase, Look, it comes in "pull me over red" lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking car.

Enjoy!
Great quote! I can't wait until I get either the Eibach suspension from Shelby, or the Ultimate Suspension package from Evolution Performance. An Evolution tune with a KB Mammoth and Ultimate Suspension package may be in my future. In the meantime, I have purchased some Shelby Engine dress up stuff to hold me over. Will post pics of this tomorrow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful car! Tanner Faust, on Supercars Exposed, had a wonderful line about an orange Lambo, i wll paraphrase, Look, it comes in "pull me over red" lol
lol

Red certainly does seem to be a hot color. The funny thing is that I had a cop tail me for 15 minutes when I was going the speed limit a few weeks back. He was pulled along the other side of the road and did a U turn when I passed by.

Interesting thing I have seen after having driven my car with my new 20" wheels, the car is driving quite differently. By that, i am noticing that my speed seems to have decreased. Used to be that in second gear I could get up to 60 mph no problem in second gear (at like 4,000 rpm's). Now, it seems like I only get to 40 mph with the same rpm's, and the car signals shift to third gear. Wasn't expecting to have this side effect with the new wheels/tires.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a few interior shots to round out the night. The Premium interior package, with the red and black combination, along with the Navigation system is what sold me on this particular car. Just had to have it:

Step inside my ride:

And take a seat:

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Here is a few interior shots to round out the night. The Premium interior package, with the red and black combination, along with the Navigation system is what sold me on this particular car. Just had to have it:

Step inside my ride:
And take a seat:

Now you need one of the red "Q" ball shift knobs to go with it. Courtesy of Arbour88

http://www.grabberpony.com/index.php

·
Registered
933 Posts
I do be liking that red shifter knob. I don't imagine it says Shelby on the left side of it though?
You can have whatever you like inscribed on the shifter ball.

Mine has 'ARBOUR88' on the left (for obvious reasons) and '08GT500' on the right side (my license plate number).

GrabberPony.com will do whatever design or name you like.

By the way, it feels a lot better in your hand than the stock shifter.

Arbour88

1 - 14 of 14 Posts