Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Honest question, is it worth more now or before the restoration ??
..............( barn finds are sometimes left just the way they are found )
Wondering the same thing. I hope you bought it right. I figure you must have, to have followed that monumental effort through. Great job!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Honest question, is it worth more now or before the restoration ??
..............( barn finds are sometimes left just the way they are found )
Couldn’t tell you Don. That would be debatable. I didn’t do this project to raise the value for a potential sale. I don’t plan to sell this car. I did this project because I wasn’t happy with the bottom side condition. Now I am and I learned something along the way.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,003 Posts
You have the patience of a saint my friend. The car looks great! One thing though with all that sand outside you had your own little beach out there. Put a couple of lounge chairs out there and you could of done some sunning in your spare time. Neighbors would of thought you were nuts.:p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Impressive dedication and efforts. I'd bet not many would be capable of accomplishing. Congrats

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great job! I am very impressed. Had I seen this a few years back, I might have attempted the same thing with my '89 Lincoln MK VII that had a Roush GT40 motor and a T-5. Like your 'Stang, the bottom fell out. I scrapped it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Great job! I am very impressed. Had I seen this a few years back, I might have attempted the same thing with my '89 Lincoln MK VII that had a Roush GT40 motor and a T-5. Like your 'Stang, the bottom fell out. I scrapped it.
Thanks Scott!

Fortunately my rust was all superficial. It was pervasive, but it was all surface rust requiring no metal work.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Awesome work Tim. The first thing I tell everyone when they get started in a process like this is to remember it's all just nuts and bolts. If some guy on an assembly line could put it together, there's no reason you can't too. Remember where the parts go, take your time, and use common sense and a repair manual where possible to make sure the bolts are torqued and anything is possible.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome work Tim. The first thing I tell everyone when they get started in a process like this is to remember it's all just nuts and bolts. If some guy on an assembly line could put it together, there's no reason you can't too. Remember where the parts go, take your time, and use common sense and a repair manual where possible to make sure the bolts are torqued and anything is possible.
Thanks Kyle!

That’s level-headed advice. As I kept digging deeper and deeper, I was feeling a little overwhelmed for awhile. I started off labeling all bolts/nuts/parts, but multiple trips into the rust bath and rounds of sandblasting left me with a pile of unmarked goodies. There were many head scratching moments. Once I bought the very next year vert (black 95 2-top), I was able to use that to answer some of my questions.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts