Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know full well this thought may be divisive, and I just don't give a rip. I'm so fired up right now!!

My idea for kneelers during the National Anthem:

Any service member on the field during anthem gets a free punch in the face of kneelers.

Pat Tillman = a real NFL hero

I may get these made to take to a car show and donate any profit to Wounded Warriors:

Attachments

·
Banned
376 Posts

·
Banned
9,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Fed up this morning,
I guess some would say I have reached my saturation level. I love America on what it was founded for and stands for as a symbol to all under her protection.
To me the Flag and the National anthem are off limits to politics and racial issues and religion for that matter.
To be so ignorant to insult the very symbols of what affords one the right to live and think and act freely goes beyond my comprehension.

And so the only sport that I and my wife love and enjoy has become soured and poisoned to the point that I no longer wish to watch and support.
I blame mostly the commish for not acting promptly when CC introduced this horrific display of insult to the world, and so I will be protesting the protestors by tuning out the TV broadcasts and not attending any games until the matter is resolved.

I say Hit the NFL and players where it hurts the Most, in the wallet! if enough people adopt this mentality it can have an effect.
I apologize to the respectful players as this would hurt them also, but others sports are implementing a zero tolerance rule to this display of disrespect. The NFL needs to take a stand and rectify the situation. You are an example to the rest of America and the following generations look up to you as how to conduct their lives, be a shining beacon of how to act on the world stage, with pride and dignity and appreciation for those that gave much and everything so you could be free to earn the millions . And oh yeah, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
This from the NFL who will suspend you if you question the ref or wear anything not authorized. Freedom of expression only goes one way with them. As said the correct way to fight this is in the wallet and refuse to go to or watch any of these events. Idiot disrespects the flag boycott them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
On a trivial note, N. Korea just said that , we have declared war on N. Korea. And they will shoot down any planes near them. Even in international waters.

Back to big kneeling story.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Yup Blackcad, He is a bright spot among the dark cloud over our country right now.

Heard someone else say, Hard to believe the act of saluting the flag and standing for the Anthem is considered Defiant!! Sad

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
On a trivial note, N. Korea just said that , we have declared war on N. Korea. And they will shoot down any planes near them. Even in international waters.

Back to big kneeling story.
Wanna bet?

Ha....ha...ha...ha...... I double-dog-dare-them to shoot at OUR planes....... it's time we rid this planet of these "terrorists", because that is exactly what they are.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AMEN @pstone900! Very thoughtfully stated.

My family used to have Sunday afternoon football as a family bonding time, but we are out. I hope this gets cleared up, but as much as we like pro football, it may have soured us so deeply, it may be hard to come back with the same passion. And I'm with you...100% blame the commish...he's a dou$che.

I do celebrate that Kap who started this crap is considered such a cancer that he can't get a job as even a backup.

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
It all comes down to respecting the flag and those who fought for your right to protest. You can say it is a protest against injustice, Trumps comments, whatever but in reality it is spitting on the flag and for what it stands. Want to protest injustice, do something about it. All these big whoop tee do pro players what are they doing? Any support halfway houses, homeless shelters, see any or them down in Houston, Florida, Puerto Rico? Till they walk the walk they can protest all they want and I do not give a darn. I do not go to movies anymore because of hollywierd and from now on will not watch any pro sport that allows disrespect of the flag and what it stands for.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Wait. I thought he was a tackle. Looks like he is a DB. Look at how fast he is backpeddling. Steelers? Alejandro Villanueva says he made a mistake ? TheBlaze H e says he made mistake.

....yes, and I have the right to change my opinion a million times and back-peddle with the best of them...... I'm kinda liking this new "don't give a crap what I say cause I can change it tomorrow" thing ..... seems like it's the new way of the world. Thank goodness I'm a shut-in and don't have to deal with real people very often.......and slingin' crap on the Forum is a hoot !!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts