Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just bought my first Mustang, an ‘09 GT500 Vapor Clearcoat Metallic.
The silver louvre things are coming off, they don’t match the car and I think they were installed on the wrong sides. Already removed some fake rear brake duct stick on thing that was the same color silver.
I believe it has an add on sc pulley, CAI, and a light weight crank pulley. See anything else?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,732 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Shelby score Scott!

I can confirm those 1/4 window louvers are on the wrong sides. I have them on my car. The front vertical line should be parallel with the B-pillar lines. To remove them, use fishing line to saw through the 3M double-sided tape. You may have to polish-out some marring afterwards.

Under the hood, I see a smaller supercharger pulley, an aux idler, a Gates green HD belt, intake, tank covers and caps. All nice mods!

Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
996 Posts
Nice mods..enjoy!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Good call on the louvers, they are definitely upside down and on the wrong sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
That engine is unbelievably detailed out and clean. Looks like you could eat off of it! Nice looking GT500. (y) I bought mine but havent picked it up yet so I'm envious you have yours in hand. That all being said, I haven't decided if I plan on putting the roush 1/4 window louvers on mine, but if you don't like them and are considering not ever using them, let me know....despite them not being the correct color, I might be interested in buying them and the attachment brackets off you possibly to eventually repaint for mine.

Andretti

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,732 Posts
That engine is unbelievably detailed out and clean. Looks like you could eat off of it! Nice looking GT500. (y) I bought mine but havent picked it up yet so I'm envious you have yours in hand. That all being said, I haven't decided if I plan on putting the roush 1/4 window louvers on mine, but if you don't like them and are considering not ever using them, let me know....despite them not being the correct color, I might be interested in buying them and the attachment brackets off you possibly to eventually repaint for mine.

Andretti
I have them on my 2011. They attach with a skinny strip of 3M double-sided automotive tape around the outside edge.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,732 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have them on my 2011. They attach with a skinny strip of 3M double-sided automotive tape around the outside edge.

View attachment 195540
wow, beautiful car Goose17. I guess I'm a bit surprised though.....the roush ones I put on my GT did come with three brackets for each louver. Two went in the front, and one in the rear. I'm not saying double sided tape wasnt used with them on the brackets, but the bracket had tape between it and the glass on one end, and the other end was where you would screw the bolts into the bracket that went thru the louver. Interesting....sounds like they decided the brackets were no longer necessary evidently.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,984 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 09..

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,094 Posts
I also see a strut tower brace mod. Take a peak at the lower CAI clamp up by your throttle body...the one that goes around the rubber boot and CAI tube. Looking at the picture, it looks like it's not tight, and if you get some air leaking in there, it'll mess with how your car will run. I DON'T see an oil catch can to remove the oil from the SC return air coming from your PCV valve. That's an important mod for these cars otherwise you will bring a lot of oil into your SC and intercooler that sits below it. Depending on how many miles your car already has on it, you probably already have a pretty oiled up SC and intercooler.

Very clean looking car and engine compartment. Congrats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I’ll check it out in the morning. Has only 9,000 miles on the car but I’ll look into the catch can. Also has Inovators West crank pulley, car runs great.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,730 Posts
Great looking new ride & welcome to the forum!
Bonus points for a photo in your first post...well done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts