Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I will be getting rid of that 4x4 look on my 2008. I plan on installing Eibach Pro Kit as I have used this spring before on other rides and liked them. In watching the how to videos, I see two methods on the fronts. Removing the strut and spring as one assembly and using a spring compressor to swap or putting a floor jack under the lower control arm and using the lowering motion of the jack to decompress the springs.

If you did this upgrade, what was your preferred method?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,731 Posts
So, I will be getting rid of that 4x4 look on my 2008. I plan on installing Eibach Pro Kit as I have used this spring before on other rides and liked them. In watching the how to videos, I see two methods on the fronts. Removing the strut and spring as one assembly and using a spring compressor to swap or putting a floor jack under the lower control arm and using the lowering motion of the jack to decompress the springs.

If you did this upgrade, what was your preferred method?
This should help:

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,061 Posts
Joe I put those springs on my 07 a few years back. I used a spring compressor. It is much safer imo. You can get them for free at auto zone on their tool loaner program. Btw my finished height with the eibachs was 1.25 inch(front)and 1.75 inch( rear) lower. This will give you an idea what to expect. I really like my stance.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,419 Posts
Joe I put those springs on my 07 a few years back. I used a spring compressor. It is much safer imo. You can get them for free at auto zone on their tool loaner program. Btw my finished height with the eibachs was 1.25 inch(front)and 1.75 inch( rear) lower. This will give you an idea what to expect. I really like my stance.

Joe
Thread hijack: Is there any outside body item that is still stock on your car? I'm seeing different GT versions and Boss appearance items in addition to some original and SS appearance items too. I like what I see. Good job.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,061 Posts
Thread hijack: Is there any outside body item that is still stock on your car? I'm seeing different GT versions and Boss appearance items in addition to some original and SS appearance items too. I like what I see. Good job.
Your right kodiak there is nothing left that is stock. The front splitter and rear bumper are cervini pieces and the side skirts are duraflex pieces.

Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks great, I actually have the compressors and I will use them to be on the safe side. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts