Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I read the weekly email every week but its been a while since I have logged on. I wanted to share my story as to how I ended up with what my wife calls "two of the same car". Of course they are very very different animals. Anyway, I have had the GT500 for a couple of years and every time I would take it to the local dealer I would walk into the showroom and ogle the black 2017 GT350R they had in stock. ( $25k market adjustment) I liked it so much I had the red accent stripes added to my gt500. (never thinking I would own both). So, one day I was in the dealership and learned they had taken the market adjustment off. I asked, "so you are going to let it go for sticker?" They said "that's the plan". So, I happened to have a 2013 ZR1 corvette that was giving me a little trouble and decided that I was going to pounce on the R. Don't get me wrong, the ZR1 was a faster car, but the driving experience, the looks, all the glowing reviews, and that exhaust note convinced me that I had to have it. I have no regrets, I love the driving experience of the R and if I want a little straight line action, I get in the GT500.

Great forum!! Keep up the good work!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,809 Posts
Fan-FRIGG’N-tastic @Sinister GT500! What an incredible pair of Mustangs!

Welcome to the forum... thanks for making your first post and showing us your amazing pair of cars.

We encourage everyone to put their first names in their signatures to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Gorgeous pair and the ZR1 comments are good to hear as I had been cross shopping C6 ZR1's before I bought the GT350.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mavisky, don't get me wrong, the ZR1 was a bad ass. I had just had it a while and the leather where the dash meets the windshield had dried out and pulled. I repaired it but it had a seam where it wasn't supposed to and I had been looking at the R since they put it in the showroom. I got a good overall deal on the trade and the rest is history.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,733 Posts
Sweet set of Shelbys!
I know you joined in 2015, but welcome to the forum...finally. ;-)

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,994 Posts
Welcome back, nice pair, is the 500 stock ??

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,946 Posts
Welcome! I had to use the sale of my beloved 2013 GT500 in order to afford the new GT350. Sure wish I'd been able to keep the GT500.:cry: Those two cars are tributes to the overall performance of Ford's recent iterations of these great cars! Welcome aboard!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts