·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
tim

what options did you get ? Track pak? painted stripes? etc

I know its posted here somewhere but am too lazy to find it
Rapid Red, black vinyl top and side stripes, Recaro seats, handling package, tech package, carbon fiber dash and red car cover.

I was unable to get the CFTP/painted stripes at MSRP. Dealers demand big markups for those options that I wasn’t willing to pay.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Tim

Said this before, but re read your write up on the new 2020 GT500 snd wholly sh** .... what a write up and what a car.

I subscribe to alot of you tube channels and I know those who ordered cars got invited to this event. Did all owners or better said; those who placed orders were they all invited ?

It was a terrific event and a terrific testimonial to Ford that these cars with stood the drama from all the drivers beaten on them.

Seriously,congratulationss on being a owner of the baddest car on the planet.

a 2020 GT500
The event in Vegas was actually 2 different events... there was a media event first. This was an invite-only event for media personnel that included magazine companies/website operators as well as “Youtubers” that focus on Mustang content. Those that attended the media event got to take the cars out on the streets to help them write their reviews.

The second event was the “enthusiast event.” This was also invite-only and consisted of a morning or afternoon session on one of two days. The enthusiast event had 3 parts: road course, guided tour and drag strip. I didn’t come across anyone else that had one of these cars ordered already when talking with others in my group. There were quite a few dealer reps as well as GT350 owners in attendance. I’m sure there were others with a 2020 GT500 on order, but I didn’t run into any. We were split into 3 groups and were quite busy with events... I didn’t get a chance to talk to many of the other participants.

It was cool as hell getting invited to this inaugural event and being one of the first to play with this new beast. I expected the car to be amazing, but it far exceeded my expectations in every category!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
The event in Vegas was actually 2 different events... there was a media event first. This was an invite-only event for media personnel that included magazine companies/website operators as well as “Youtubers” that focus on Mustang content. Those that attended the media event got to take the cars out on the streets to help them write their reviews.

The second event was the “enthusiast event.” This was also invite-only and consisted of a morning or afternoon session on one of two days. The enthusiast event had 3 parts: road course, guided tour and drag strip. I didn’t come across anyone else that had one of these cars ordered already when talking with others in my group. There were quite a few dealer reps as well as GT350 owners in attendance. I’m sure there were others with a 2020 GT500 on order, but I didn’t run into any. We were split into 3 groups and were quite busy with events... I didn’t get a chance to talk to many of the other participants.

It was cool as hell getting invited to this inaugural event and being one of the first to play with this new beast. I expected the car to be amazing, but it far exceeded my expectations in every category!

It really in a way had to be surreal. The car you ordered. The car you want.

And this event was ALL about it plus very touchee feeley.
Very happy for you Tim

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
We saw part of this guy’s review in a video earlier, but this is his full video including street driving review from 12-24 minute marks.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Ok .. never say never .... I am ready.

I wonder if I sell everything .... can I even come close to getting a base 2020 GT500

I WANT ONE !!!!
IMG_1477[1448].JPG

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Ok .. never say never .... I am ready.

I wonder if I sell everything .... can I even come close to getting a base 2020 GT500

I WANT ONE !!!! View attachment 194132
Funny Don!

This car is a completely different animal. Sell the wife if you must! :p

On a side-note...I just got an uber ride from a guy that was retired. He said he started doing uber a month ago for something to do and to get out of the house (his wife was driving him nuts)! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Funny Don!

This car is a completely different animal. Sell the wife if you must! :p

On a side-note...I just got an uber ride from a guy that was retired. He said he started doing uber a month ago for something to do and to get out of the house (his wife was driving him nuts)! :LOL:

Sometimes when I get funny posts I will show it to the wife and she chuckle with me.

If you dont mind Tim I think it might be best for the both of us if I dont show her this post.

THat said, I LMAO when you said that !!!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
But then what would you do with all the extra driveway space? :)
Ummmmm, doesnt one need a good test site to do burn outs ?

Think of it .... ITS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ! .... PO PO cant do a dam thing about.

Hey man I am thinking of all the angles

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Excellent review... he gets into comparisons between the 2020 and previous gen GT500s:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Interview with Jim Owens from Ford Performance. At 4:10, he talks about the “no manual transmission option” in the GT500. There is a discussion about convertibles later on:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
These videos pop up on my YouTube feed. Love this guy’s road course review! It starts at 5:35.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,003 Posts
I think that was the best handling video posted yet of the new 2020!

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Another one that popped up on my YouTube feed... I love the sounds this car makes!

101 - 120 of 133 Posts