Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trunk light is cool white, the cobra puddle light is cool white then you get in the car and you have the last-decade-and-beyond, incandescent yellow lights that doesnt match any other lit feature in the cabin. Screams antiquated.

Ordered Cool White LEDs except now i read now hard it is to get the Map Light Housing free and peeps are breaking the plastic clip insert holes. A real bear. My 2008 was a breeze and updated the interior newness / modern feel tremendously. I would have never thought I'd still be dealing with it in a 2021. I get it though ---->Cost savings.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
Trunk light is cool white, the cobra puddle light is cool white then you get in the car and you have the last-decade-and-beyond, incandescent yellow lights that doesnt match any other lit feature in the cabin. Screams antiquated.

Ordered Cool White LEDs except now i read now hard it is to get the Map Light Housing free and peeps are breaking the plastic clip insert holes. A real bear. My 2008 was a breeze and updated the interior newness / modern feel tremendously. I would have never thought I'd still be dealing with it in a 2021. I get it though ---->Cost savings.
I haven't tried --- but it's on my list of things to do.
Reverse-light as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assumed reverse was LED. thanks. I'm usually in the car when that happens :D

·
Premium Member
517 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I used a full interior kit from Diode Dynamics. Replaces everything from map lights to mirror lights and even the glove box.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
I did this mod... a tip so you don’t have my struggles... I pushed the receptacle plug up into the housing when I tried to push one of the LED light bulbs into it. Trying to get the housing down to fix this problem was a major pain in the ass! If I was to do it again, I’d put some dielectric grease on the end of the plug to make it slide in with less force (not too much to cause a short).

Reactions: Lou-Q and DKnight

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will use this tip! thank you!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I did this mod... a tip so you don’t have my struggles... I pushed the receptacle plug up into the housing when I tried to push one of the LED light bulbs into it. Trying to get the housing down to fix this problem was a major pain in the ass! If I was to do it again, I’d put some dielectric grease on the end of the plug to make it slide in with less force (not too much to cause a short).

View attachment 215218
Nice

I always had the customizable interior lights red in my '13 GT - I really wish the GT500 had them too (not that the map lights changed).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim --- did you use a flat head to push on the clips on each side of the map light housing? or just a nice even tug downward with fingers?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Tim --- did you use a flat head to push on the clips on each side of the map light housing? or just a nice even tug downward with fingers?
You only need to pull down the two individual lenses. I think I used a small flat head screwdriver to pop them off. The housing is held up by one-way barbs on each side that suck royal ballz trying to get down!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts