Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it!:D :D :D It's coming tomorrow! :) Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months from the day my dealer faxed in my order. I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am. I'm a little shocked as well, because I didn't think that the 08's would be in already and I sort of gathered from reading all of the threads that the process generally takes quite a bit longer - not to mention that I thought that they would inform me that it was in production, had a VIN, etc. Nope, nothing. He called me a few minutes ago and said the delivery truck was in-transit to the dealer and that it would be there by 9 a.m. tomorrow.:) Done.:confused:

This is it!:) This is what it's all about isn't it?? :D :D

Oldimp - I'll post all of the info on your 'master list' as soon as I get it.

I'm starting to know what the rest of you were feeling - and it feels good!:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I can't believe it!:D :D :D It's coming tomorrow! :) Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months from the day my dealer faxed in my order. I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am. I'm a little shocked as well, because I didn't think that the 08's would be in already and I sort of gathered from reading all of the threads that the process generally takes quite a bit longer - not to mention that I thought that they would inform me that it was in production, had a VIN, etc. Nope, nothing. He called me a few minutes ago and said the delivery truck was in-transit to the dealer and that it would be there by 9 a.m. tomorrow.:) Done.:confused:

08SCGT500,
Congrats and yes I know that feeling.Wait till you drive it:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

Congrats!:D Just wait till you sit in it and start it the first time.:p :D Oh what a feelin':D :cool:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks '07 & harley 99.:) I'm not sure I'm going to be able to control myself when I finally get behind the wheel.:D :D I think I'm going to be completely overwhelmed.:D :D (I've got to calm down...This isn't the way a 40-year old should act!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't worry, I may be only 24 but if you read the post everyone got as excited as you about their car, and you should be. Congrats and get ready the best part is yet to come!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats, 08SCGT500!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy that Shelby! Welcome to the club. So how long will it take before you start swapping parts?:D :D :D Took me only a few weeks.

flipmo

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Congrats 08SCGT500 - I know the feeling; received mine last month. Came back from vacation and received a call the very next day to come pick it up. I really did not expect it to arrive as scheduled with the July 4th shutdown at the plant - so it was quite a pleasant surprise.

Make sure they:
1. fill it up with "Premium" gas
2. install your locking lug nuts or show your where they are.
3. don't stick your temporary license directly to the paint like they did on mine :mad: - spent an hour with rubbing alchohol and cotton balls getting off the sticky residue.

Enjoy!!! it's an awesome car.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You are only 40?Where were you reared in Pa?
Pittsburgh. Why?

Though my grey hair might lead you to believe differently, yes I am "only" 40.

So much for my self confidence. Thanks, Fred.

·
Registered
861 Posts
3. don't stick your temporary license directly to the paint like they did on mine :mad: - spent an hour with rubbing alchohol and cotton balls getting off the sticky residue.

Enjoy!!! it's an awesome car.

Just drive with out a plate until you get one. That is what I did for 2 days. I went to pick up my car and when I got 1 1/2 hours down the road I remembered that we forgot to get a temp tag. Called the sales men back and he felt so bad.....so he over nighted me all the paper work to get regular plates. But it was to late to send it out that night so he sent in the next day. I jsut grabed my personal plates that I had on my dually (sold) which still had a good sticker.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
...and for the love of Pete, don't let them drill holes in the front bumper!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Holes in the front bumper??? I compare that to getting a root canal just for kicks!

Don't do it!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Pittsburgh. Why?

Though my grey hair might lead you to believe differently, yes I am "only" 40.

So much for my self confidence. Thanks, Fred.

My bad,sorry.I was just funnin:(

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have to agree about the holes in teh front bumper, I made it very specific about that to the sales manager and everyone else that came in contact with my car

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
flipmo, that is good question. I'm going to go through all of the old threads and start researching and getting some ideas first. I would like to focus on the parts that give you the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just drive with out a plate until you get one. That is what I did for 2 days. I went to pick up my car and when I got 1 1/2 hours down the road I remembered that we forgot to get a temp tag. Called the sales men back and he felt so bad.....so he over nighted me all the paper work to get regular plates. But it was to late to send it out that night so he sent in the next day. I jsut grabed my personal plates that I had on my dually (sold) which still had a good sticker.
croz98gt,

Good point. I'll make sure to get a sticker in the window.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...and for the love of Pete, don't let them drill holes in the front bumper!
rpretzel,

Thanks, but I'm all over that one. In Missouri - where I live - we aren't required to have a front license plate (I couldn't be happier) so I made darn sure he repeated that back to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts