Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else plan on attending Mustang week in Myrtle Beach? Looks like I will be driving up solo (trailering) from Memphis. Would be great to convoy with someone.
I went to this a couple years back and never saw anything like it. Looking forward to going again.

I attached a flyer from my phone, hoping all can see it since I am using Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Anyone else plan on attending Mustang week in Myrtle Beach? Looks like I will be driving up solo (trailering) from Memphis. Would be great to convoy with someone.
I went to this a couple years back and never saw anything like it. Looking forward to going again.

I attached a flyer from my phone, hoping all can see it since I am using Tapatalk.

Going, we have a crew from New Bern traveling there on the 1st of Sept. Be there all week! I am on display with the Shelby Friday and Sat at the con v center. Hope to see you sometime that week. Look for the East Carolina Mustang tent!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
We will leave New Bern at 10 ish on the first of Sept for Mustang Week. Meeting at the rest stop on the 70 outside of New Bern. Next stop Pollocksville to pick up some more Mustangs in the convoy. Then Jacksonville to pick up more. Stop in Wilmington at Mission BBQ for lunch, then to Myrtle Beach. Any one that wants to cruise in with us can join anywhere on the route. We will taking Hyw 17 all the way there!

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Heck it is only 2,133 miles...
Hhmmmm……...
Funny Ken... I’m actually off from work the whole time and briefly considered it, but then had a reality check of all the crap I have to do plus leaving the working wife at home alone now the boys are gone would push her over the edge!

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
MapQuest says that 2133 miles for me will be 31 hours !
So, round trip with a bit of other driving would most likely be 5k miles round trip. Just a few months ago I drove from central Florida (Sebring) to here in less time, yes straight through.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking at a 750 mile trip each way. Been on the fence for a few weeks now if I am going or not, but deciding to go for it. My wife gave me the green light and have all the reservations made. Should be a blast and hoping they will have a 2020 GT500 on display..

Tim - do it... do it... lol

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Funny Ken... I’m actually off from work the whole time and briefly considered it, but then had a reality check of all the crap I have to do plus leaving the working wife at home alone now the boys are gone would push her over the edge!

Tell her to call in "tired", load both of you up and come on! It is a great time. Your wife can do what mine does, spend all week shopping!!! My buddy Shawn will have his twin hellion GT on the battle at the beach dyno challange. He should be around 1100 HP and has a good chance to win it! There is something to do all day and night! Meets everywhere and the just pull off on ocean Blvd and the Mustangs just gather, this is outside of the scheduled stuff!! Great fun for all

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Guys coming from the west — make it an epic road trip and hit the Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc..

Hit me up with a PM if you want specifics on any of those roads. And if the timing is right, I could join you (I’m in ATL) and play tour guide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, crap.. looks like my plans to attend this are impacted, thanks to Dorian.. was really looking forward to this, but am not driving 12 hours into a hurricane. Hoping everyone in the area stays safe.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
Y’all better be careful. Hurricane Dorian is expected to impact the Myrtle Beach area. At the very least it will drop a crap ton of rain. Take it from me, a Nola girl, you don’t want to be stuck in that.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Y’all better be careful. Hurricane Dorian is expected to impact the Myrtle Beach area. At the very least it will drop a crap ton of rain. Take it from me, a Nola girl, you don’t want to be stuck in that.

Yup, I think we can. get two days in before the roof caves in. Looks like we will leave for home Tuesday night. I am going to call it Mustang Weekend!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts