Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s hard to be certain, but this looks like a GT350 hitting the barrier to me... oops!

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,381 Posts
It’s hard to be certain, but this looks like a GT350 hitting the barrier to me... oops!

The mustang eating a wall is the only way that boat dodge is going to beat a mustang off a light or maybe someone tied a chain to it!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
After watching, and pausing, the video several times, it seems to me that neither of the Mustangs are Shelbys. On the white one you can see the 5.0 badges and the front fenders are not scalloped like the GT350. When pausing the video after the black Mustang hits the wall I can see the running horse in the center of the grille.

Edit: After reading the text of the story it does mention that both Mustangs are GT 5.0's

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mustang eating a wall is the only way that boat dodge is going to beat a mustang off a light or maybe someone tied a chain to it!
Don’t forget some of those “boats” have 800 hp Chuck!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After watching, and pausing, the video several times, it seems to me that neither of the Mustangs are Shelbys. On the white one you can see the 5.0 badges and the front fenders are not scalloped like the GT350. When pausing the video after the black Mustang hits the wall I can see the running horse in the center of the grille.
It looked like a snake badge in the center of the rear panel though...? It did have single exhaust tips, so I wasn’t sure what it was other than an example of poor decisions.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It looked like a snake badge in the center of the rear panel though...? It did have single exhaust tips, so I wasn’t sure what it was other than an example of poor decisions.

That is what I thought too. But looking after the crash you can see the horse in the grille. I figure they just added the GT350 taillight panel for looks. I edited my post to show that the article says they are both 5.0's

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I thought too. But looking after the crash you can see the horse in the grille. I figure they just added the GT350 taillight panel for looks. I edited my post to show that the article says they are both 5.0's
Good detective work Raymond. I’ll move this to the “Other Mustangs” sub forum.

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,381 Posts
Don’t forget some of those “boats” have 800 hp Chuck!

Oh yes, those Kats are in the Shelby class on power. A regular Joe Blow mustang vs a Joe Blow dodge at a stop light, no dice. Hell Tim I whip them between lights with the ecopig stang. I have seen the look of horror on their face in the side mirror when the 4 banger stang launches and they are looking in my quarter window for about 100 ft or so! The V6 dodges, it is a two to three car gap the pig puts on them!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yes, those Kats are in the Shelby class on power. A regular Joe Blow mustang vs a Joe Blow dodge at a stop light, no dice. Hell Tim I whip them between lights with the ecopig stang. I have seen the look of horror on their face in the side mirror when the 4 banger stang launches and they are looking in my quarter window for about 100 ft or so! The V6 dodges, it is a two to three car gap the pig puts on them!
That’s awesome! 😆

They should know better than to play where there is no room to get those beasts up to speed.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Hopefully that guy learned (the hard way) that rolling smoke off the line is no way to win a drag race. Yet another YouTube Mustang disaster.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,433 Posts
Yes, you're right, Ray. Tim just wants to aggravate the like of Eric and I! :p
Edit: After reading the text of the story it does mention that both Mustangs are GT 5.0's

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
I'm just... not.... understanding... how anyone.... could be that stupid... and clueless... about everything that has to do with launching, racing, or handling a performance car to any measure or degree..

That guy wrecking that Mustang didn't have an accident, he was 100% destined to wreck.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The guy driving that black Mustang was an incompetent and inept driver. He did everything wrong. Period.
Well... he didn’t do EVERYTHING wrong... he didn’t hit a deer Mike. 😬 :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts