Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pondering which exhaust option I like the most. So far I am leaning towards the KR mufflers, but I read on an earlier thread about bypassing or deleting the mufflers. Will this make it obnoxiously loud? I couldn't find any vidoes on youtube of a GT500 without the mufflers, anyone know where to find a video or sound clip of this? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Check out SLP and Pypes exhaust.I have the pypes the sound is good other than the crappy rattling clamps they send-With that said SLP loudmouths-not obnoxious on a GT-500 but are very raspy on a mustang gt.

·
Registered
373 Posts
When i changed out my stock for the Borla's/FRPP muffler i started the car without any muffler on, took a video, and then did the same with the borla's... sounded 100X better with the mufflers.
just my opinion though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like complete butt to me with no mufflers.

Bassani Race, Steeda, FRPP SGT/5GT/Borla Stingers, BoomTubes and others are all plenty loud without sounding like crap.

BoomTubes would probably be your loudest, but most reasonable sounding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting that video, I knew it had to be on youtube-what isn't?

Heres the slp mufler delete...I just went to my local exhaust shop and had a custom axle back made only spent $90....
Did you just have them weld in a pipe where the muffler used to be? I like the louder sound of the delete and the cost difference than other axle back options, but I am betting that with the top down (or up for that matter) the drone at cruising speeds will be enough to drown out any conversation-not necessarily a bad thing :thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
KR's are nice on a stock system, but if you ever went with headers in the future...obnoxiously loud...think about that b4 deciding on deletes...my corsa sports were great, until i installed AR headers...way to loud now...i reverted back to stockers until i find something more suitable..jmo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for posting that video, I knew it had to be on youtube-what isn't?

Did you just have them weld in a pipe where the muffler used to be? I like the louder sound of the delete and the cost difference than other axle back options, but I am betting that with the top down (or up for that matter) the drone at cruising speeds will be enough to drown out any conversation-not necessarily a bad thing :thinkerg:
No I was just gonna have mufflers removed and weld in pipe but they told me it would just as much work to take 2.5" piping and bend it from the axle back in case I wanted to ever put the stock catback back on.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh and the only time i ever have drone thats loud is cruising between 85-88mph on the highway with the stock gears I believe its right around 2600-2800rpms...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love my magnaflow deletes. I started with their 3'' cat back and removed it all and went with just the deletes and couldn't be happier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts