Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Not trying to start anything, just want to get the history facts straight.

I know that Texas wasn't a state until sometime in the mid 1800s. In 1776 the then 13 British colonies declared independence from King George III of Great Britain and declared themselves the United States of America claiming sovereignty and basically rejecting and allegiance to the British monarchy. By the way, the revolutionary war actually started in 1775 and did not end until 1783.

I think you are making a reference to the events of the Boston Tea Party of 1773 whereby the colonists in Boston refused to return 3 shiploads of 'taxed' tea to Britain and instead chose to board the ships and tossed all the tea into the Boston harbour which was essentially the beginning of the American Revolution.

I like American history.

You should read up on the war of 1812. We've been very close friendly nations since.

Arbour88
Dam, I just hate a "Smart Assed" Canadian! Especially those that know more about my country's history than I do! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah,,,they get an A in history and a big fat F minus in GT500 buying.
I've been out of school for some time now, but I'm almost sure that even in today's grading there such a thing as an 'F' minus, but thanks for the 'A'.

I agree that the pricing of GT500s in Canada suck big time, but we have our dollar to blame for that. 5 years ago, our dollar was at $0.80 U.S. which is why the automakers were charging that much more for the same car in Canada. Now that our dollar is at $0.98 U.S. (and hovering at parity) these same automakers should be bringing the MSRP down to the U.S. levels, but why would they do that when they can get another $5K to $10K from the Canadian market?

Arbour88

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had to wait (which helped) stick to my price limit (which also helped) and pushed hard (which simply had no effect) to get that price. I've been to five SVT dealerships multiple times and most are sitting on significant supplies of 2010's, there are I'd guess 40-50 2010's within easy driving of anyone in the GTA sitting on lots. You can easily get 1-2k off but that's it. I simply had to wait until this one volume dealership got sick of having them there and get worried about the 2011's. Even with some deals out there and lots of stock sitting about, unless you get lucky or do your homework most buyer's around here will not get that amount off ( I don't think) which is a shame. Maybe things will change with the 11's on the lots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know Ford Canada was offering a $9000 rebate on the remaining 09 models
last fall. With the revised '11 model now available for pre-order (and with the
upgrades) I think it is safe to say that there will be another rebate on the
remaining '10 models in late summer. For now the one SVT dealer I visited
was selling the '10 at msrp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Anyone here have a Canadian Price list for the 2011 GT500?
2011 Canadian Prices
Base MSRP Coupe $58,999 Convert $63,699
Freight..................1,350
SVT Track Pack......2,000
Navigation.............2,300
Glass Roof.............2,200 (coupe)
Air Tax....................100

Randy

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey Sofa King!

Long time no post! Almost Sofa King long time I thought you had disapeared off the face of the earth. :)

Good to see you are still around.

Arbour88

·
Registered
528 Posts
I know Ford Canada was offering a $9000 rebate on the remaining 09 models
last fall. With the revised '11 model now available for pre-order (and with the
upgrades) I think it is safe to say that there will be another rebate on the
remaining '10 models in late summer. For now the one SVT dealer I visited
was selling the '10 at msrp.
I was lucky enough to get in on that last year and counting what the dealer threw in at the time, plus the tax savings on all that, I ended up keeping about 15G's in my pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was lucky enough to get in on that last year and counting what the dealer threw in at the time, plus the tax savings on all that, I ended up keeping about 15G's in my pocket.

I remember that deal from last year. I didn't have enough $$ last year for it, but this year I do so I am hoping that Ford offers that same deal on the 2010s this year.

Hopefully before the fall so I can get some summer driving in though.

I'm just starting this week to contact dealers in AB and BC to see what they are offering. There are over 30 2010 GT500s available in the Vancouver area alone, so you never know. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
2011 Canadian Prices

Randy
Thanks for the info Sofa King! One note that may have not been mentioned here is that on the www.ford.ca site you can now build and price out a 2011 Mustang. You can configure the Shelby too, but it doesn't show the price.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I remember that deal from last year. I didn't have enough $$ last year for it, but this year I do so I am hoping that Ford offers that same deal on the 2010s this year.

Hopefully before the fall so I can get some summer driving in though.

I'm just starting this week to contact dealers in AB and BC to see what they are offering. There are over 30 2010 GT500s available in the Vancouver area alone, so you never know. :)
My local dealer has a half dozen sitting in storage too, so they'll want to move all that stock at some point with the 2011's right around the corner. Good luck with the hunt!

·
Registered
50 Posts
same thing with Campbell ford here in Ottawa they have about 9 in stoke and two KRs a Black and A Red the price of those has dropped to 88,000 now and must likely will drop even more.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
KR`s are still 80,000 here in Ottawa but I still think you can talk them down

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to the dealer, and had a 2011 shelby for a short road test.
the price is MSRP+$5000=dealers MSRP

2011 Canadian Prices

Randy

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 Shelby Coupe (Graber Blue) 3 weeks ago for $53k, with the Employee pricing promotion. Car is worth every penny :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
There are nearly 50 2010 coupes and 17 convertibles left in the country. With employee pricing available on 2010 Shelbys until the end of August, this just might be the right time.

Randy

41 - 57 of 57 Posts