Total MSRP for Canadian Coupe.....$55274

Shelby Convertible......................$56099
Destination and Delivery..................1200
Air Conditioning Excise Tax................100
Shaker 1000 Audio.........................1975
----------------------------------------
Total MSRP for Canadian Convert...$59374

Sofa King
there is also $500.00 svt fee:D best of luck!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sofa King said:
Well the prices are out so any of you guys lucky enough to get a car will
know just how much your dealer is hosing you lucky SOB's

Shelby Coupe.............................$51999
Total MSRP for Canadian Coupe.....$55274

Shelby Convertible......................$56099
Total MSRP for Canadian Convert...$59374

Sofa King
there is also $500.00 svt fee:D best of luck!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The way the $500 svt fee was explained to me was that every SVT Dealer here in Canada is being charged $500/GT500.
Even so, I don't mind paying for it. Here's the break down of what my new Black-no stripe Coupe will cost:

Shelby Coupe.....................$51999
Destination and Delivery.......$1200
Air Conditioning Excise Tax....$100
SVT Fee............................$500
Total MSRP for Canadian Coupe........$53,799

And now for the 6% GST (Alberta)....$57,026.94

Not bad for 500 ponies...
Should be fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey gt 500, what colour are you getting? I am thinking that I'm going with Black-No Stripe. The way I see it is that people will know what it is when I drive by them, no need to advertise it with the stripes.
Not to mention the fact that I heard that Ford was going to offer the "Stripe" package to all Mustangs...
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh, the games people play now. The Greed is spreading to the great white north...
I just heard from the Dealer, instead of a $500 svt fee, that's been translated into $5000. I don't think that I will be getting this car this year, I am going to stay on his list and wait for the car to come down in price. I will not PAY above sticker price for this car. As cool as it is, no way. Not gonna do it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just cancelled my order.My dealer was asking $84,000 for a convertible though the first $5000 went straight into his pocket and doesn't even show up on the bill so the contract is made out at $79,000.Thus $5000 lost in case of theft.
So I ask him for my 5k deposit and he tells me he has to find a new buyer and when the new buyer gives him his 5k deposit he'll call me back and give it to me.I'm still waiting even though after an hour had gone by he calls me up laughing and tells me he sold my spot for 90k.What class!
So I said to myself f... this.:mad:
I went to a dealer closer to home and ordered a Mustang GT convert white with red interior then home and ordered a complete Cervini's setup.Bought 20inch mags and tires.:p
Buy next summer my GT will be a C-500 instead of a GT-500.And i'll probably go rub it into my SVT dealers face.:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
What's up in Canada land w/the Shelby market. I have a customer I sold a Shelby to today from northern US & he told me that '07 Shelbys were bring $100-110k in Canada. Is this correct? PC

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Canada SVT dealers have exclusive rights to the Shelby in the 2007 model year. I am the sales manager at a small (NON SVT) dealership and we will not get any. I have three customers who want one. I sold an 05 GT coupe to one guy who wants a Shelby so bad he was going to sell his Challenger 440 4-speed. After talking to an SVT dealer, and finding out that they wanted $110,000 for a coupe, he decided to keep his '05 Mustang and his Challenger. $110 is double MSRP. Trouble is that with so few Shelbys destined for Canada, he will probably get his price.

Sofa King

·
Registered
17 Posts
I paid dead STICKER and there was no SVT fee on my bill, but there was a GAS GUZZLER TAX AND GREEN LEVY TAX, sticker was $56,939.00

·
Registered
933 Posts
I paid MSRP for mine as well.

2008 coupe standard vehicle price = $54,299.00
Federal Excise Tax = $100.00
Green Levy/Federal Tax $1,000.00
Shaker 1000 Audio System = $994.00
Destination and Delivery = $1,250.00

Total before tax = $57,643.00

With 6% GST (only tax in Alberta and paid for it in full in September 2007) = $61,101.58

Welcome and where are you from 2COKEMAN?

I'm in Calgary.

Arbour88

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey guys, new here. Thought pull out the shovel out on this thread. I've got a price for around 62k to put a coupe with HID's on the road (tax and all). Just wondering if this is in line with what others had paid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid 48,900.00 plus tax (5% GST only in Alberta) which is $13,000.00 below MSRP for a new 2008 Convertible last summer. I'm sure a lot of SVT dealerships will try everything for the first few months to sell well above MSRP hoping someone is ready to pay whatever for a piece of history.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey guys, new here. Thought pull out the shovel out on this thread. I've got a price for around 62k to put a coupe with HID's on the road (tax and all). Just wondering if this is in line with what others had paid.
You should be able to do better than that.

Where are you located?

Arbour88

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where are you located? I can get you a much better deal than that in NS.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm in Ontario, but if it's good enough I'm not opposed to going to NS to get it. But I'll get hit with 8%, on top of NS HST, bringing it back home so it'd have to be pretty sweet. Out of curiosity what would it run all inc.?

edit: I'm not 100% about the tax having never purchased an out of province vehicle, but I suspect that it is not avoidable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Ontario, but if it's good enough I'm not opposed to going to NS to get it. But I'll get hit with 8%, on top of NS HST, bringing it back home so it'd have to be pretty sweet. Out of curiosity what would it run all inc.?

edit: I'm not 100% about the tax having never purchased an out of province vehicle, but I suspect that it is not avoidable.
Send me a PM.

Paul

·
Registered
933 Posts

I'm in Alberta and purchased my car from Wood Motors in Fredericton, New Brunswick. I paid GST only because there is no PST in Alberta. The car was shipped directly to the local SVT dealership in downtown Calgary at no cost. In reality Wood Motors never saw the car as it came directly from Michigan to Calgary when it was complete.

You don't need to go pick up the car.

They are a great dealership and will give you a great price.

Google their dealership, give them a call and talk to Howard Stymiest. You won't be disappointed.

Arbour88

1 - 20 of 57 Posts