Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started changing my motor mounts tonight.I got the drivers side done.I hope to do the passenger side tomorrow.This was not an easy task for me but it is half done.The other side should be a little easier.I used Prothane "bullitt" type motor mounts.They are billett aluminum with red urethane bushing.They come in red or black.Red being the fastest,naturally!

FYI=The stock motor mounts are stamped steel with rubber and are liquid filled so be careful if you do it yourself.Its a couple more pounds lighter now.Trying to shed about 350 lbs.If you search around you can find them for about $125.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

Those mounts are nice.

350lbs? Wow!

Are you targeting front end weight or all around?

How much do you figure you've improved the weight by so far?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 SHELBY,

Those mounts are nice.

350lbs? Wow!

Are you targeting front end weight or all around?

How much do you figure you've improved the weight by so far?

I'm sure I'll never get that but I've dropped about 30 to 40 lbs.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
WOW 07 .:eek: :eek: :eek: Now that was a shot across the ole hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You;re turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW 07 .:eek: :eek: :eek: Now that was a shot across the ole hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You;re turn!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to just keep working on my car.I am not that big of a person so I have to find ways to get the weight off my Shelby.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I stopped by Subway on the way home from work so I could get back under the Shelby to finish the job at hand.The passenger side took all of 25 minutes(vegetarian sub,no sauce).I took a couple more pictures for those of you that are really interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well I stopped by Subway on the way home from work so I could get back under the Shelby to finish the job at hand.The passenger side took all of 25 minutes(vegetarian sub,no sauce).I took a couple more pictures for those of you that are really interested.
Ive got those going in next Thursday as well.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a mount guy myself, but those replacements look shorter. was there any diff in alignment of the engine. cool hat, special made?

No different in alignment.The hat was bought online a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
wheres the mounts that you lower the motor with

1 - 15 of 15 Posts