Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a few mods over the winter. Thought I'd share some. Just finished under the hood today. I'm thinking it looks good but, it's missing something. Maybe a new blower will do the trick.:cowtounge:

I bought the radiator overflow tank, intercooler reservoir, power steering tank, GT500 air filter shroud, JLT Metco pulley bearing cover and sent them to be chromed. The pics don't do it justice with the blue carbon fiber.

Except for the new Asanti wheels and Nitto Invo tires, I think I'm done for this year (ya, right:ack: ). Wheel warehouse just got my rear wheels and tires back Friday (not enough backspacing:flame: ). Hope to get them back within the next couple weeks.

Lets see some pics of your winter mods and bling.:bandit:

Cal

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Harley..
First of all I gotta say that your car looks sweet..A couple of quick questions. How hot do the tanks get.. Also have you noticed any spilling of liquids.. I was told not to put these on because it would actually take away from my TVS... I as well as you know that these cars are like on fire when driving them . I get home and I have to put my hood up for a few hours because the hood is on fire..I am definitely interested in getting them but not if it's going to effect performance/driveability... Let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Harley..
First of all I gotta say that your car looks sweet..A couple of quick questions. How hot do the tanks get.. Also have you noticed any spilling of liquids.. I was told not to put these on because it would actually take away from my TVS... I as well as you know that these cars are like on fire when driving them . I get home and I have to put my hood up for a few hours because the hood is on fire..I am definitely interested in getting them but not if it's going to effect performance/driveability... Let me know thanks
I've been told that too, but, IMO, the metal tank is disipating heat instead of holding it like the stock plastic (a good thing). I know alot of people will argue that point.:simmadown:

The radiator overflow tank gets hot, but no hotter that the stock tank. Hotter to the touch than the stock tank because the plastic tank acts like an insulator. The plastic one won't feel as hot, but the fluid is just as hot as in the metal tank. The intercooler tank did not get hot at all. Maybe at the track it would. Hard to stay in the boost on the city streets.:cowtounge:

I drove it quite a bit today and quite hard to check for just what you're saying. No fluid leakage at all. I know a guy on TS has problems though and went back to his stock overflow tank. I think he may have overfilled his tank or did not have a tank cap that fit properly.

I'll let you know if problems raise their ugly head.:)

Cal

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Love the tanks.

Probably no more mods for me this year, but their on my list for 2009.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the tanks.

Probably no more mods for me this year, but their on my list for 2009.
Thanks Joe. You will love the Stage II.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks Joe. You will love the Stage II.:bigthumb:
Can't wait... George is sending me his pulley puller so I'll do it as soon as I get it.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks sweet Cal. got alot myself, plus the TVS Stg2 is forth coming, but waiting till i take her in for a tranny review.
Thanks Keith. I'm strongly considering the TVS also.:cowtounge: Let us know how the tranny review turns out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey Cal, you been a busy bee doing all those modifications when do have time for anything else? Looks awesome. :pimp:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Cal, you been a busy bee doing all those modifications when do have time for anything else? Looks awesome. :pimp:
LIKE IT Cal. Tower covers are sweet 2. I had to study on them for a minute. Hope your wheel problem is resolved quickly.

ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the TVS Stage 3. Try it, you'll like it.
Besides the blower, what does the Stage 3 consist of?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cal

I'm interested in how you chromed your filter shroud. I have one of those that has been blue powder coated. How did you get yours chromed? Will chrome "take" on aluminum? or is there something I'm missing?

thanks
John

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cal

I'm interested in how you chromed your filter shroud. I have one of those that has been blue powder coated. How did you get yours chromed? Will chrome "take" on aluminum? or is there something I'm missing?

thanks
John
John

I bought the plain billet one and sent it with everything else. I don't know for sure what process they used but they never raised any issues in doing it. Give them a call and talk to Dave. He will be happy to talk to you about it. They even chrome plastic these days.:bandit:

http://www.jpcustomplating.com/

Cal

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2.6 pulley, monoblade throttle body
Thanks. That's probably what I'll go with also. I assume the Stage 4 entails changing the exhaust. I want to leave mine stock except for the axle backs.

What kind of hp and torque are you getting?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Thanks. That's probably what I'll go with also. I assume the Stage 4 entails changing the exhaust. I want to leave mine stock except for the axle backs.

What kind of hp and torque are you getting?
Stage 4 is headers and a smaller lower pulley.

640 Tq, 650 rwhp

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stage 4 is headers and a smaller lower pulley.

640 Tq, 650 rwhp

Yes!! 100 more hp should be just about right.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes!! 100 more hp should be just about right.:bigthumb:
That's with a conservative tune. I went with some sage advice.

They could have probably squeezed anothe 20 to 25 rwhp out of it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
John

I bought the plain billet one and sent it with everything else. I don't know for sure what process they used but they never raised any issues in doing it. Give them a call and talk to Dave. He will be happy to talk to you about it. They even chrome plastic these days.:bandit:

http://www.jpcustomplating.com/

Cal
thanks very much

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts