Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
“So you muscle car fans who are mad about this: calm down. Chances are the power output is even better than your Hemis anyways, and it needs to be done for the planet.”

and China and India will be more than happy to pump even more carbon into the atmosphere while we take this direction.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
101 Posts
and China and India will be more than happy to pump even more carbon into the atmosphere while we take this direction.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% China will also profit handsomely and have one more avenue to use as leverage against the USA and other countries. "Hunter' is probably working on selling them another rare earth mineral mine somewhere to ensure they control the battery market.

Reactions: RockChalk

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
473 Posts
Somebody better fix the electrical grid !!
EXACTLY! It needs to double for this to be viable and it will take at a minimum of 10 years to double it. What you see/hear is Car Mfgs Saying what the Govt wants to hear so they can get the $$$ flowing their direction. Do you hear Power Provider plans to double the grid output? Nope! What you hear is they are struggling for power for heating this winter and as much as they dont want to admit it, Coal is still king and they cant agree on using Nuclear. So we know it won't be water, they don't want coal or Ntl gas, so what does that leave?

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
I think it's going to take everybody putting solar and/or wind on their houses to manage the grid for what the greenies are wanting. IL is already planning to get rid of a large chunk of their energy production by banning coal in a decade or so; and was thisclose to losing 3 major nuke plants this year, with nothing in place to replace the potential loss. And also pushing for EVs to become dominant. Gonna be a major fiasco in the next decade or so. And if anybody wants to drop an EMP, that will really cause the end of days.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe manufacturer should start selling kit cars sorta like factory 5 does except on a larger scale. Wonder if that could skirt regularly regulations and keep what people want. I think the interesting part of this as well as economic status is things are being shoved down people throats without a thought.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,418 Posts
I think it's going to take everybody putting solar and/or wind on their houses to manage the grid for what the greenies are wanting. IL is already planning to get rid of a large chunk of their energy production by banning coal in a decade or so; and was thisclose to losing 3 major nuke plants this year, with nothing in place to replace the potential loss. And also pushing for EVs to become dominant. Gonna be a major fiasco in the next decade or so. And if anybody wants to drop an EMP, that will really cause the end of days.
Our's is all solar, also on our private well and a septic. Electric is connected to "the grid" (APS, Arizona Public Service) our excess is sold to them and pretty well covers every thing with a credit to us, covers the service fee which is about $30 a month. This covers a 3ksf home and about 3800sf of garage.
F... them and their 'green deal'.

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
206 Posts
Our's is all solar, also on our private well and a septic. Electric is connected to "the grid" (APS, Arizona Public Service) our excess is sold to them and pretty well covers every thing with a credit to us, covers the service fee which is about $30 a month. This covers a 3ksf home and about 3800sf of garage.
F... them and their 'green deal'.
Arizona. Makes sense no? How much Sun you get a year out there? Most other parts of the county don’t have that type of sun coming in this severely limiting the production of the solar array.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Handling Pkg /Tech / Recaros /
216 Posts
I suspect we will see a lot of reversals as the EV market gets saturated. We will also see a lot of manufacturers retain a balance of ICE as EVs since they are not viable for as many as those who are pushing the policies believe.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
267 Posts
If Washington had their way, everyone would be driving EVs.
If and when that happens, where will the billions of dollars that are generated from the gasoline tax, that is used for road construction and repair, come from?

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
If Washington had their way, everyone would be driving EVs.
If and when that happens, where will the billions of dollars that are generated from the gasoline tax, that is used for road construction and repair, come from?
your ECU will report mileage driven to the taxing authorities.

it’s already been fleshed out here in Washington. And yes, they will also know if you don’t come to a complete stop at a stop sign or exceed the speed limit.

but they won’t be sending y tickets or telling your insurance company..,….,,,,they promise

😬

and I am not making any of this up

• Wow
Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
Gonna be awfully tough for people living in apartments and the inner cities to charge their EV when it's parked in an open structure or on the street. But I'm sure the greenies are gonna make up something to take more of my money so that they can provide for those problems.

Reactions: 2112 and 'cause

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
Gonna be awfully tough for people living in apartments and the inner cities to charge their EV when it's parked in an open structure or on the street. But I'm sure the greenies are gonna make up something to take more of my money so that they can provide for those problems.
Their solution is for EVERYONE to take mass transit.

Reactions: 'cause

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
Their solution is for EVERYONE to take mass transit.
That might work for downtown Chicago, but not here in Rockford. And if I was driving to Chicago there'd be time where I'd be worried the battery would die on 94 cuz of the backups. That would be really bad. The EVs talk about mileage, but how about how long it will last in stop and go traffic.

Reactions: 'cause

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
473 Posts
Chin Jaw Beard Facial hair Font

See this is why the Dem's cant get anything done, you cant just go around throwing up common sense roadblocks, its not fair! You have to understand, whenever you are playing with someone else's money, anything is possible!

Reactions: cpcycles

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
Yup, and I think Margaret Thatcher said at one time that eventually you run out of other people's money. At least one person in government understood that.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Maybe manufacturer should start selling kit cars sorta like factory 5 does except on a larger scale. Wonder if that could skirt regularly regulations and keep what people want. I think the interesting part of this as well as economic status is things are being shoved down people throats without a thought.
If my memory is correct, the law that allows kit car manufacturers to operate outside of all the regulations, is a limit of 500/year production max. So that's not going to get anyone anywhere, there's no "larger scale" possible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts