Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put MoleSkin felt on the car windows and it was a easy installation. Prior to installation I have noticed that my window tint has some scratches on it. Will have to redo the tint.
This company was very quick in processing my oreder if interested.
http://www.tintprotector.com/ford/index.htm

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Instead of using moleskins, I opted to replace the window strips on my 2007 with felt-lined strips that are installed on the 2008 and 2009 Mustangs.

Here is a link to a thread that provides detailed instructions for removing and replacing the window strips with the intent of replacing aftermarket installed felt with moleskin.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=443001

You can get the parts from your local Ford parts department for about $36 each - there is a different part number for each side.

Drivers side: 8R3Z6321456A
Passenger side: 8R3Z6321457A

The strip on top is the new felt-lined strip I purchased from a Ford dealer. The one on the bottom is the one I pulled out. The felt that my dealer applied before installing the tint was already peeling off allowing the adhesive to put streaks in my tint. The felt on these are much nicer than the moleskin and it's a factory part. I've had these installed for 6 months now and they do a nice job of protecting the tint film.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I did a few things differently than what Taco Bill showed in his thread before I lifted the door panel to gain access to the window strip.

I removed the bolt behind the interior door handle.

I removed the mirror cover.

I also removed the bezel around the door lock.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ivan,
Was there a cut off date on the newer felt strips? Do all 08 models have the new strips or was it added sometime during the 08 production run?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ivan,
Was there a cut off date on the newer felt strips? Do all 08 models have the new strips or was it added sometime during the 08 production run?
I really don't know the answer to that Joe. You may be able to determine if the new ones were included on your car by rolling down a window and examining the inside weather strip to see if it has that fine dark felt lining.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I opted for the Moleskin route. If you cut the felt down the middle, you actually have enough to do two cars. So I am tackling my brother's car this weekend!

All in all, I am very pleased and it was a simple install!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts