Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of performing some modifications and was wondering if anyone could provide a ballpark of what kind of HP I should expect to see on the dyno after these mods. I appreciate your guys help.

Below is the list of Mods that are or will be completed: 2012 GT500

Stock blower
VMP: 2.5 upper
VMP 67mm Throttle Body
90mm idler
IW: 10% lower
SW: Longtube Headers / catless xpipe
Borla: S type Axle Back
MGW gen 2 shift
Afco Heat Exchanger
Exedy twin disc organic clutch
MHS FGT NSR Cams (debating between these and L&M NSR)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Around 590-600 rwhp. The stock blower is your limiter, spinning it faster than 18k rpm just eats hp and makes heat
Ya I agree the stock SC will limit me.
I thought I would make more because it made 552whp.
Without
10% lower / headers / cams/ HX / clutch

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,389 Posts
Ya I agree. I thought I would make more because it made 552whp. Without
10% lower / headers / cams/ HX

I am pulley for about 18k blower speed (same as you) and with most of your mods without the cams and long tubes and make about 575-580 rwhp on a 80-90 deg day cosistantly. 50-60 deg day I have made 600 rwhp. That is the limit with the m122, also BPS ported my blower! By the way 2.6" upper works best with the 10% lower for the stock m122

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,486 Posts
Seems like a good time for a 2.3L blower, injectors, and BAP next. You can be in the mid-600's without even spinning the larger blower very hard, and that'll drop your blower generated heat a lot. Unless of course you are happy with your current power level. You're approaching the limit that's commonly thought to be the upper end of usable street power without going at your suspension and tires for mods too.

Happy to spend your money for you. :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,709 Posts
I do not have a orginal baseline just that it made 552 a few years back without the following:
Long tube headers/ catless x pipe / cams
HX
How serious are you, how far do you want or are willing to go?

You need to establish your goals and LIMITS. And once you have done that reach out and get help from someone that CAN get you there and/or advise you HOW to get to those goals. Some one like @VNMOUS1, BJ would be your best source.

Be prepared, I have spent MORE on modifying mine than I initially paid for the car. Suspension, Rear Gears, Re-gearing the Tranny, Clutch, Engine Mods, Tires, Wheels... etc. ...again Be Prepared ($$$$)

If I had to make a guess, You could have around 570 to 600 rear wheel HP. BUT w/o extensive suspension modifications, Gears, tuning, It is a waste of your time and money, You can not control the handling, what 'handling' that you may have! Do you have several years of track experience with performance vehicles?

Plan, write down your GOALS, then contact BJ.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds like a fun plan but I'd spend time researching then addressing rear end geometry....then tires. If you have any gears out back that's a lot to handle if it starts to skate on you ! Here's a dyno sheet from my '08 with mods up top. It had 3.90's out back.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How serious are you, how far do you want or are willing to go?

You need to establish your goals and LIMITS. And once you have done that reach out and get help from someone that CAN get you there and/or advise you HOW to get to those goals. Some one like @VNMOUS1, BJ would be your best source.

Be prepared, I have spent MORE on modifying mine than I initially paid for the car. Suspension, Rear Gears, Re-gearing the Tranny, Clutch, Engine Mods, Tires, Wheels... etc. ...again Be Prepared ($$$$)

If I had to make a guess, You could have around 570 to 600 rear wheel HP. BUT w/o extensive suspension modifications, Gears, tuning, It is a waste of your time and money, You can not control the handling, what 'handling' that you may have! Do you have several years of track experience with performance vehicles?

Plan, write down your GOALS, then contact BJ.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a fun plan but I'd spend time researching then addressing rear end geometry....then tires. If you have any gears out back that's a lot to handle if it starts to skate on you ! Here's a dyno sheet from my '08 with mods up top. It had 3.90's out back.
I appreciate the info. My car has 3.73.1 out back

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like a good time for a 2.3L blower, injectors, and BAP next. You can be in the mid-600's without even spinning the larger blower very hard, and that'll drop your blower generated heat a lot. Unless of course you are happy with your current power level. You're approaching the limit that's commonly thought to be the upper end of usable street power without going at your suspension and tires for mods too.

Happy to spend your money for you. :)
Thanks, I will be upgrading the SC eventually but thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
For what it's worth ....the #'s posted by me above were on a Mustang Dyno. With my '13, I did Dyno Day pulls at 2 different Mustang Shops about 10 days apart. The 2nd shop was a Dynonometer. Many factors can have an effect but the Dynonometer was 7.5-8% difference.
So my '08 pulling 575 might have been closer to 615rwhp on a Dynonometer .

Reactions: Zekeyboy11

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of performing some modifications and was wondering if anyone could provide a ballpark of what kind of HP I should expect to see on the dyno after these mods. I appreciate your guys help.

Below is the list of Mods that are or will be completed: 2012 GT500

Stock blower
VMP: 2.5 upper
VMP 67mm Throttle Body
90mm idler
IW: 10% lower
SW: Longtube Headers / catless xpipe
Borla: S type Axle Back
MGW gen 2 shift
Afco Heat Exchanger
Exedy twin disc organic clutch
MHS FGT NSR Cams (debating between these and L&M NSR)

Thank you in advance!
I would think with those mods you would be above 600rwhp

If I were you, just upgrade the blower and be done with it.

If you are adding cams later here is what the L&M nsr cams sound like

Reactions: Zekeyboy11
1 - 19 of 19 Posts