Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2007 shelby gt 500 and im looking to get some more power out of her.. Any suggestions on whats the best mods i can do?

I use it as a daily driver thoh so it cant be to harsh on the engine.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Do you plan on spending $500.00 or $5000.00.Critical to answer this question first.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information here! I started out changing my intake and re-tuned the computor. Up to 63 hp! and easy to do.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do the pulley and cold air intake and tune 1st, visit VMP, Lethal, Evolution, and Ford Racing sites to compare and decide what you want (bling vs. stealth). research this site as it is a wealth of information.

Welcome and let the modding begin!:zlurking:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im planning on spending 5k =++plus
If you are firm that is all you want to spend you need to decide if you want to do anything with the ride height....if you want to spend it all on engine only you can get a blower (Whipple, TVS or KB), CAI, tune, LCA & UCA...if you want to lower it say goodbye to doing the blower. As far as your concern about streetability the blower and/or smaller pulley only really come into play when you have the right foot down; they are not going to impact daily use. If you plan to put a lot of miles on you may want to stay away from the KB as the oil change interval on it is 10k miles vs. the 100k interval on your stock Eaton, the TVS and the Whipple.

Not sure where you live but the best advice I can give you is find someone with experience you trust to work with you on the mods, I can't say enough about the guys I deal with. If you read through the forums here you will find a lot of happy guys that have taken different directions on parts combinations; there is no "right" answer, just a lot of options depending on what you want to be happy with your ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are firm that is all you want to spend you need to decide if you want to do anything with the ride height....if you want to spend it all on engine only you can get a blower (Whipple, TVS or KB), CAI, tune, LCA & UCA...if you want to lower it say goodbye to doing the blower. As far as your concern about streetability the blower and/or smaller pulley only really come into play when you have the right foot down; they are not going to impact daily use. If you plan to put a lot of miles on you may want to stay away from the KB as the oil change interval on it is 10k miles vs. the 100k interval on your stock Eaton, the TVS and the Whipple.

Not sure where you live but the best advice I can give you is find someone with experience you trust to work with you on the mods, I can't say enough about the guys I deal with. If you read through the forums here you will find a lot of happy guys that have taken different directions on parts combinations; there is no "right" answer, just a lot of options depending on what you want to be happy with your ride.
What blower kit with all necessary components can be had for 5k or less?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also a noob and after looking around the site for a month I chose to go with the stage 3 from evo, their lowering package, and a bassani cat-back system for my first mods. such a difference im glad i got my moneys worth. many mods to come

·
Registered
191 Posts
What blower kit with all necessary components can be had for 5k or less?
You can pick up the 2.9 Whipple for around $3500 US, not sure what the US pricing is on the others.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can pick up the 2.9 Whipple for around $3500 US, not sure what the US pricing is on the others.
That is literally just the hunk of metal that sits on top of the engine though. No injectors, TB, BAP, Dyno time that makes the kit run right. I think if you aren't going to cross 5k on power its better to just mod the stock blower, but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
That is literally just the hunk of metal that sits on top of the engine though. No injectors, TB, BAP, Dyno time that makes the kit run right. I think if you aren't going to cross 5k on power its better to just mod the stock blower, but thats just me.
unless you plan to hit mid 700 or more in rwhp, injectors, bap arent needed. im still running stock inj, no bap. see my sig. i beleive dactyl is selling a kit (he posted), at a great price...

·
Registered
22 Posts
unless you plan to hit mid 700 or more in rwhp, injectors, bap arent needed. im still running stock inj, no bap. see my sig. i beleive dactyl is selling a kit (he posted), at a great price...
My end game is definitely ~650 so I have a strong interest in this. Didn't see a user "dactly" though in the thread?

·
Registered
191 Posts
+1

Your reply was a lot more politically correct than mine was going to be so I chose to just breathe and walk away...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts