Including paint?

How good is the paint match?

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
So what does a new hood cost?

Including paint?

They are great.The paint matches perfect.Terry is an artist.If I wouldn't have fallen into the Abyss I would have had one sooner than most.I was there when he made the hoods and Kerry and Cal have the Cats meow.:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Is Terry the maker or the painter?

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
So what does a new hood cost?

Including paint?

Terry from Proglass fabbed my hood, painted it, including under hood stripes, installed the hood along with the twist locks, (I bought the locks seperate) for just under $2000.00.

The paint match was great. In addition, he had the twist locks machined to fit. The twist locks are actual twist locks for a 68 Shelby. Bought them from NPD (National Parts Depot)

Including the locks, about $2,200.00 total.

Cal

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I don't believe where I had mine made is making them anymore I believe he sold the mold to another Company. But depends on if you put Twist locks in or not. The twist locks were an added $300.00 paint was $250 plus hood total $1540.00:eek: Cal and I lucked out at the time Terry was doing them he would do them to fit our own needs such as Stripes under the hood Twist Locks. I usually paint my own stuff but after seeing Terry's painting and great pricing you can't do it any better or cheaper.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Well I don't believe where I had mine made is making them anymore I believe he sold the mold to another Company. But depends on if you put Twist locks in or not. The twist locks were an added $300.00 paint was $250 plus hood total $1540.00:eek: Cal and I lucked out at the time Terry was doing them he would do them to fit our own needs such as Stripes under the hood Twist Locks. I usually paint my own stuff but after seeing Terry's painting and great pricing you can't do it any better or cheaper.
+1 We were very fortunate. We got a bargain.IMHO

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I take it the scoops on the hood are functional?

If you get caught in the rain it would make a mess?

I don't care for the hood locks myself.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes they are functional and beleive it or not I got caught in the rain and it did not get messy. Sure does help with cooling it down.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
yes they are functional and beleive it or not I got caught in the rain and it did not get messy. Sure does help with cooling it down.

Looks like it would help a lot.

I wouldn't trust anyone in my area w/ paint though, and I'm in a related business.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here are a few of mine so far. Click on the thumbnail for a larger pic.

Here's the JLT CAI, Steeda Rad Cover and Snaked Fuse Box Cover

I have a Steeda Strut Caps and Hood Strut Kit, powder coated the hood strut brackets as well as the strut tower brace.

New Hurst Handle

I Have New LCAs and Panhard from Lethal waiting to go on, as well as Steeda Springs.

New Corsa's, these are the OEM going to storage

The Center Letter Mod

The CS Plaque

Painted Mirror Covers

And all new Scuff Plates with the GT500 Inserts

New A/C Adapter Cover

The Car Cover

A New Garage Floor For Her To Sleep In

And of Course the new Warning Sticker for the Passenger visor

And When They Get The Wheels That Actually Fit. 20" Silver Razors with Nitto ENVOs

What I can't show you is are the sequential tail lights. They are one of the coolest mods! Webelectricproducts.com

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Sweet Tex. Where did you get the sticker?:cool:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
ON those hoods, are the stripes painted or decals?

TD

1 - 20 of 46 Posts