Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my new Evo Stage 1 just arrived today. For those who don't know, it's a JTL intake and tune from Evolution Performance. It's advertised to give 87 rwhp. We'll see. I'm taking it to a local performance shop that works on a lot of mustangs so I can get a before and after dyno. I cant' wait!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well, my new Evo Stage 1 just arrived today. For those who don't know, it's a JTL intake and tune from Evolution Performance. It's advertised to give 87 rwhp. We'll see. I'm taking it to a local performance shop that works on a lot of mustangs so I can get a before and after dyno. I cant' wait!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Here's a pic:
You will love the JLT and Evo's tune. The performance difference is awsome even without second gear.:D :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will love the JLT and Evo's tune. The performance difference is awsome even without second gear.:D :D
LOL!!!! I think I'm taking the Shelby out tonight and I'm going to drive around only in 2nd gear just for you. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOL!!!! I think I'm taking the Shelby out tonight and I'm going to drive around only in 2nd gear just for you. :D :D :D

You are going to like that intake and tune.It will never stop now!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: More boost more gas more mods.:D :D

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone thought about nitrous (N2O) with this set up? The bottom end seems stout enough and it's a lot of instant horsepower. Or is this a bad idea?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

Here's a pic:
I'm planning on getting the same for my coupe but am waiting until after the tours and seeing the other cars before deciding for sure on the mods I will do.

I'm also on the list for the Super Snake and waiting to see pricing before spending money on mods at this point.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Fred at Evolution Performance said that doesn't suggest Nitrous why I do not know why:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't heard about anybody developing a nitrous kit and this engine seems like a natural for that application. How about an Evo Phase 5 with CAI, pulleys, headers, plugs, tune and the bottle. WOW!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Nitrous kits are very generic, you can pick up one with an electronic TPS activation switch and throw it on any 05+ Mustang. You need to get a special block to draw fuel from the rail, since there is no scrader valve like the older Mustangs.

Nitrous adds an additional avenue for failure, if you have a clogged fuel jet or something a long those lines it is easy to toast a motor.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure Evo had nitrous on the GT500 the got into the 9's, but as Justin stated, it sure does open up the possibility for failure.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm pretty sure Evo had nitrous on the GT500 the got into the 9's, but as Justin stated, it sure does open up the possibility for failure.
You are right Prez. Evo ran a 75 shot of nitrous to get 664 RWHP and 778 RWTQ with a 2.5 pulley, JLT CAI, stainless Works headers and 3" exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts