Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The November 2005 issure of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords had a 4 page color article this month featuring interviews with Hau Thai-Tang, Director of Advanced Product Creation and SVT, Jay O'Connell, Chief Engineer of SVT, Tom Jones, SVT Chief Program Engineer, and Alan Hall, SVT Communications Engineer.

Among some highlights:

--Hau Thai-Tang mentioned that SVT is planning on building between 7,000 and 10,000 new Cobra GT500s per year.

--All 4 managers stated that the new Cobra GT500 will produce "at least" 450hp, with Thai-Tang adding "...with emissions, fuel-economy tests, drive-by exhaust noise calibrations, and other tuning exercises, the number could possibly increase for the iron-block, aluminum-head, supercharged 5.4 32-valve engine."

--O'Connell says that "We should be in the mid 0.9g range (on the skidpad) and still have 20,000 mile tread life."

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha My guess is this thing is just like the rest of the hi-po vehicles lately, making close to that number at the wheels. I stand by my opinion that these will be 11 second cars stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts