Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 318 Posts

· Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt500
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
AND have to provide receipts on all major parts,that’s where they stick it to you on paying the taxes for build.on top of the taxes already paid when purchased the parts🤯NY really is a disgusting lol

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Front tubes all hooked up and insulated.did not like that throttle cable was near foot pulling from the front so i found a small linkage from speedway and came up with this contraption. Function's perfect and nice and smooth. Cable is now completely out the way.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Engineering Composite material Wood Machine
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Bumper Bicycle part
Tire Automotive tire Hood Bicycle tire Tread
Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle
Kitchen Gas Font Barware Kitchen appliance

· Super Moderator
10,927 Posts
When your working in a cold garage and suddenly Get hot to then realize your on fire, yep that was me tonight 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️. some big updates coming soon View attachment 261944
JOE!!!! WTH I said it’s 🔥🔥🔥 talking about the car! I didn’t say set yourself on fire 🤣🤣

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
JOE!!!! WTH I said it’s 🔥🔥🔥 talking about the car! I didn’t say set yourself on fire 🤣🤣
first thing I did was ran out of garage then put myself out 🤣😂.I’m pissed I ruined my comfy hoodie

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Started the a/c lines and heater core.waiting for 1 fitting then i can crimp everything. I ended up bending hardline to go from rear to front instead of the long hoses. A ton of fabricating to put heat&ac in but what a nice option lol
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tread
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exhaust Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Hood Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Hood Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Wood
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle door
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
So after buying just about every 10an AN 90 deg fitting and it not fitting in space i found a company in New Zealand that makes pretty much any custom size/style AN fitting and they came through with an amazing product. Hard to trll from pic but that is a 1/2npt to 10an in a spot with no height and no room to get s wrench or finger lol
Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle part Rim Alloy wheel

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Cooling system is complete and should all be self bleeding.in the front i put a piece of hose to join the section where it transfers from chassis to the aluminum front section to act as flex spot. Id be lying if i said it didnt kick my a&$ lol.
Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Wire
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design
Hood Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Super Moderator
10,927 Posts
Reactions: Ford Fest

· Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Couple things.... First is just a curiousity though... This is NOT a discreet place to put your "Garage gun" if it's labeled this way

Bumper Gas Font Automotive exterior Machine

Second...

Do you mock it all up first, then blow it all apart again to have parts finished and or painted? Or do you do one and done assembly? I can't remember but it seems like you built the Cobra once right?

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Couple things.... First is just a curiousity though... This is NOT a discreet place to put your "Garage gun" if it's labeled this way

View attachment 262543

Second...

Do you mock it all up first, then blow it all apart again to have parts finished and or painted? Or do you do one and done assembly? I can't remember but it seems like you built the Cobra once right?
😂CCW are the wheels on my supra.
The cobra was built twice. Orig I started build with a svt cobra drivetrain, mid build i decided i wanted to be diff from everyone else and took it apart. I cut up front part of chassis and rebuilt to fit gt500 drivetrain, once that was done i sent out for re PC and then assembled car once from that point. The 40 is a 1 assembly build besides stuff i fabricated/changed,At the end ill take off and send out.
The faster i get them built the quicker the next build can start 🤣😉

261 - 280 of 318 Posts