Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Shelby game, and was wondering if there were any guys in the area that I could see some of their work/mods. I'm in the St. Paul area. 2012 Shelby conv.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Hello everyone,I'm new to the Shelby game, and was wondering if there were any guys in the area that I could see some of their work/mods. I'm in the St. Paul area. 2012 Shelby conv.
Not in your area, but noticed your pic of the Buick GS along with ol' Shel. Those GS are continuing to gain in popularity.....for the longest time nobody even noticed them, but then they started blowin' doors off at the showroom stock races and people realized they weren't just Grandpa cars. Nephew just sold a '71 GS 350 to a guy who wanted to totally restore it......figured it would be better off with someone with deep pockets!! Welcome to the Shelby world......you'll find a lot of good people on here, and hopefully some from the St. Paul area!!:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm local, nice looking cars! good to see another MNer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm local I've got a built 2010 with a 4.2 kb and its converted to e85 I live out in big lake so not to far out
Terry

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nice man! I'd like to see that, it must be a monster. I myself have a 2013, the engine is being built right now with a 3.6.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am in the Mpls area. Your timing is good. There is a show put on by the Upper Midwest Shelby club at Apple Valley ford on June 5. Starting at about 8 am. Search for their website for details. Plenty of cars there to see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't aware of the show, but will definitely be going. I hope to meet a few of you guys there on Sunday. I'm sure I will learn quite a bit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Who is doing your build

I'm doing all the labor myself, but I sent the engine to MPR in Florida to have it built. I don't think I'll have the engine back in time for the show at Apple Valley Ford.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice show, plenty of shellbys. Talking to a another convertible owner, I was told his horsepower was around 700 and that he was having body flexing problems. Specifically his rear quarters were dimpling or oil canning. He said he would have to press out the wrinkle in the rear quarters, also his trunk lid and bumper cover were contacting during hard acceleration. Has anyone heard of these issues specifically with a convertible. Might have to change my idea on how much power to add to the car.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Nice show, plenty of shellbys. Talking to a another convertible owner, I was told his horsepower was around 700 and that he was having body flexing problems. Specifically his rear quarters were dimpling or oil canning. He said he would have to press out the wrinkle in the rear quarters, also his trunk lid and bumper cover were contacting during hard acceleration. Has anyone heard of these issues specifically with a convertible. Might have to change my idea on how much power to add to the car.

I have 650+ rwhp (725-750 crank HP) and I don't have flexing issues.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,784 Posts
Not 100% positive, but the 2010+ cars may be stiffer than the 09- cars.

As for verts, my 89 dances like an overweight belly dancer going down the road. It's quite loose to say the least. My 04 is by far stiffer. My '11 coupe is the stiffest-body car I have seen yet.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,346 Posts
Not 100% positive, but the 2010+ cars may be stiffer than the 09- cars.

As for verts, my 89 dances like an overweight belly dancer going down the road. It's quite loose to say the least. My 04 is by far stiffer. My '11 coupe is the stiffest-body car I have seen yet.
This begs for a comment......nah, I'm gona leave it alone>:)

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
This begs for a comment......nah, I'm gona leave it alone>:)
And, I will leave this one alone. Consider it my good nature. :grin:

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,628 Posts
I have 650+ rwhp (725-750 crank HP) and I don't have flexing issues.

I'm in the same range for HP & TQ... Mine is an '08 Vert and I haven't experienced that kind of body twisting, mine grabs and hooks up pretty hard with the new MT drag radials, we'll see over time if she crumbles!!!
:surprise:

Ken

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Shelby game, and was wondering if there were any guys in the area that I could see some of their work/mods. I'm in the St. Paul area. 2012 Shelby conv.
Nice color choice BTW... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts