Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
It was really nice meeting you too Joe. Glad you could make it out. Hopefully we can get more of us together this fall yet before we have to tuck the cars away. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well that's a bummer! Hoping to drive mine through the beginning of November yet myself.

As an aside I was going to suggest to everyone if they wanted to get together with our cars this weekend maybe we could do a potluck bbq at my place this Saturday. I have plenty of parking for the Shelby's and it would be pretty cool to get several of them together for a picture or two as well. It would give us all a chance to get to know one another as well. It's supposed to still be in the mid to upper 70's this Saturday with no rain in the outlook as it's supposed to rain Thursday and possibly Friday. Let me know who might be interested in this.

Dtoldave, you'll have to extend your driving insurance a few days! :)

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Hi Jeff....I was planning on the Armada Show this Sunday ( if weather is OK) . You and others going ?
Joe

·
Registered
547 Posts
I hadn't heard of that car show. At this point I probably won't be planning on it, but I can't say for certain yet. I normally work sun-thurs, but happen to be off this sun/mon and I have a seal out in the front end of my truck so I'm planning on tearing into that and replacing it this weekend so doing anything this weekend will hinge on the outcome of that repair.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i am going to the cottage to cut wood for this winter.. but they are calling for thunderstorms all weekend.. so it may be a just relax weekend there.. And October 1st to April 1st is the going 6 month span.. If I cant drive till may, ill kill some one.. october sucks.. but it is what it is.. I would rather drive sooner then later..

why not have the get together at my shop, ;-) then they can be in the pic too ;-) hahah

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
i am going to the cottage to cut wood for this winter.. but they are calling for thunderstorms all weekend.. so it may be a just relax weekend there.. And October 1st to April 1st is the going 6 month span.. If I cant drive till may, ill kill some one.. october sucks.. but it is what it is.. I would rather drive sooner then later..

why not have the get together at my shop, ;-) then they can be in the pic too ;-) hahah
If someone picks a date and place....we can all try to and make it happen..

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well that's funny, yesterday when I threw it out rain was only supposed to be thursday and tapering off friday and then sunny saturday, but now it looks like a chance, though small, through sunday when it is supposed to rain for sure it looks like. I may be doing my truck repair in the rain. Bummer.

But I agree, if we pick a date and place we can try to get together if folks want to. Even if we wanted to pick something and have it tentative on rain that is ok by me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Saturday the 12th Ken Lingenfelter is having an open house for breast cancer at his collection. Maybe meet up in the morning for breakfast and head over to brighton? Entry is donations at the door.. and I know a guy.... we might be able to park away from every one else..

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I am on the east side of town , but if the weather is fine I would like to make the drive .

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm on the north side but would consider making it down as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any MI owners near Taylor Ford? PM if so, as I am in need of a favor. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2008 gt500 here. located near clarkston

61 - 77 of 77 Posts